6.0l Diesel going strong.
By JessH on
2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
I bought the truck used back in '05. The previous owner must have had the engine injectors and turbo changed (a common problem with the first 6.0l diesels), because this thing has been a powerhouse for me, never a problem. Now that its getting older, and has 100,000 miles, I am still pulling horse trailers, and loving the power. My only qualm is a weird rattle from the frame SOMEWHERE (can't seem to find it when not moving). I couldn't be happier with the truck, and will probably hold onto it for another 3 years, then give it to my daughter as her first vehicle (she can pull her own horse trailer then!).
Favorite Features
Lariat interior, very comfortable. Hitch even has a small ring for the trailer e-brake cable. Truck looks good with a 1-size up oversize tire on stock rims. Oil filter is easy to change, and the truck has a great wine from the turbo.
Suggested Improvements
Lower fuel filter extremely hard to change, as its inside the frame rail, behind brake lines. Air Filter is hard to change, due to lack of space, and the HUGE size of the filter. Front boots wear easily, and are hard to replace.