Used 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-250-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

My truck
By MyFavorite

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ford truck and they just keep getting better. The only regret that I have is that I did not buy one with the V-10 or diesel, instead of the 5.4 V-8. It runs great until you tow a trailer with it. Then you have to disable the overdrive and suffer the loss of gas mileage. I get about 13 in town and 16 highway, empty, but only about 9 towing our small 21' camper. My friend's F-350 with 7.3L gets over 15mpg towing nearly anything. I feel a 2005 diesel and Tow Command in my near future ! Ford Credit, here I come again!

Favorite Features

Interior quality much superior to Dodge or Chevy 2500 series trucks. Seems able to perform any task. Looks great! mine is Black/Silver accent/Aluminum wheels/black tonneau cover/tinted glass all the way around/white letter Pirelli's. I even get "nice truck" from drivers of other brands.

Suggested Improvements

Don't offer the 5.4 in a truck this big. A V-10 should be standard and the 6.0L diesel optional. Tighten up the steering response a little. It feels as though the front steering is connected to the steering wheel with a big rubber band. My F150 was much more responsive and easier to drive.

F250 Super Duty
By R.S.

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I Love my truck. It is quiet and does the job it was designed to do. No frills, no leather, it is a truck. The shocks are too soft and I replaced them with heavier ones. Other than that the only bad thing about this vehicle is the gas mileage.

Favorite Features

It is so quiet. After a hard day of work, it is a joy to be inside of.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower.

2003 6.0 PSD 4X4 Love It
By BigRedTruck

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a GREAT TRUCK! I had to have the injectors replaced before 500 miles, but since then not a problem one!!! I have changed the oil, had the most recent computer upgrades installed, and driven it with a big smile on my face. It pulls my travel trailer as if I were driving unloaded. I can't find a single thing I don't like about this truck! The mileage is good and the 6.0 PSD and automatic torqshift work great together. Off road it has great clearance and even stock is competent.

Favorite Features

My favorite aspects are the enormous power curve and great looks. One other feature that's great is the towing mirrors. These are hands down the best I have ever used/seen on any non- commercial truck.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sorry, but I honestly can't think of an improvement. The things I come up with can be purchased with the truck -- like steps to get in it! All joking aside, there really isn't anything I need more than what I bought!

good as they get
By raymo

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

nothing short of a great truck.fuel mileage is unbelievable!these trucks are really made to work.

Favorite Features

love the retractable mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

more sound deadening.

2003 PSD
By BigRedPSD

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use this truck primarily to pull a travel trailer. The 6.0 PSD is a great engine and I love the TorqShift automatic, they really work great together. Two of my brothers have 7.3 PSDs that are chipped and both have driven my 6.0 and reflect on the difference in power. In a simple phrase, I love it!

Favorite Features

My favorite features include the exterior looks, powerful engine, transmission performance especially while pulling, and window/door design to allow easy view of mirror and traffic beside the vehicle, and I love those extendable mirrors!

Suggested Improvements

Actually, I like everything about this truck!