Used 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Ford Service Stinks
By Tom Rauch

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2004 PSD F-250 has been in repair for 50% of the time with transmission and accelerator control problems, including an accident caused by loss of accelerator control. It has had a new wiring harness, two new computers, a rebuilt transmission, new accelerator pedal, engine sleeve, and other issues, and now needs a new transmission that Ford says will take 70 days to deliver. My F-250 SD has been a nightmare to own, and Ford has been virtually non-responsive to my complaints. Their customer interface stinks, to but it nicely. I almost never tow with this truck, never take it off road, and never abuse it, yet the transmission failed three times. Once minor, twice major.

Quiet, nice interior, lots of power.

Better customer service. Better transmissions. Better parts availability. Get rid of electronic accelerator pedal and go back to a reliable cable system.

My truck
By MyFavorite

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ford truck and they just keep getting better. The only regret that I have is that I did not buy one with the V-10 or diesel, instead of the 5.4 V-8. It runs great until you tow a trailer with it. Then you have to disable the overdrive and suffer the loss of gas mileage. I get about 13 in town and 16 highway, empty, but only about 9 towing our small 21' camper. My friend's F-350 with 7.3L gets over 15mpg towing nearly anything. I feel a 2005 diesel and Tow Command in my near future ! Ford Credit, here I come again!

Interior quality much superior to Dodge or Chevy 2500 series trucks. Seems able to perform any task. Looks great! mine is Black/Silver accent/Aluminum wheels/black tonneau cover/tinted glass all the way around/white letter Pirelli's. I even get "nice truck" from drivers of other brands.

Don't offer the 5.4 in a truck this big. A V-10 should be standard and the 6.0L diesel optional. Tighten up the steering response a little. It feels as though the front steering is connected to the steering wheel with a big rubber band. My F150 was much more responsive and easier to drive.

F250 Super Duty
By R.S.

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I Love my truck. It is quiet and does the job it was designed to do. No frills, no leather, it is a truck. The shocks are too soft and I replaced them with heavier ones. Other than that the only bad thing about this vehicle is the gas mileage.

It is so quiet. After a hard day of work, it is a joy to be inside of.

More horsepower.

2003 6.0 PSD 4X4 Love It
By BigRedTruck

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a GREAT TRUCK! I had to have the injectors replaced before 500 miles, but since then not a problem one!!! I have changed the oil, had the most recent computer upgrades installed, and driven it with a big smile on my face. It pulls my travel trailer as if I were driving unloaded. I can't find a single thing I don't like about this truck! The mileage is good and the 6.0 PSD and automatic torqshift work great together. Off road it has great clearance and even stock is competent.

My favorite aspects are the enormous power curve and great looks. One other feature that's great is the towing mirrors. These are hands down the best I have ever used/seen on any non- commercial truck.

I'm sorry, but I honestly can't think of an improvement. The things I come up with can be purchased with the truck -- like steps to get in it! All joking aside, there really isn't anything I need more than what I bought!

good as they get
By raymo

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

nothing short of a great truck.fuel mileage is unbelievable!these trucks are really made to work.

love the retractable mirrors.

more sound deadening.