2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Only a Ford can be this Good
By fxoffroad on 08/30/07 16:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Writing this 4 years into ownership, I have to say I can't believe Ford can build such an outstanding product. My truck has been flawless - has never needed anything other than routine maintenance... which after 4 years has totaled around $1000.00.

steering problems
By 250skeptic on 02/02/07 08:16 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I like the power of the 6.0 diesel but the turbo and injector were replaced under warranty. The most annoying problem is the steering wobble. Truck wanders from side to side on the straight aways. If anyone has any ideas on a solution for this I would love to know. So far this is my 1st F250 for my business fleet and it will probably be the last.

STOP LOOKING AND BUY IT!
By Ron on 11/08/06 20:54 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck 2 weeks ago. I have been a Chevy at heart (boy did I hear it) and this truck is great. The fuel tank is my only complaint as it is small (27 gallons) at 14.5 mpg around town. Plenty of torque around town and plenty of horsepower for the highway. Haven't used the 4x4 yet, but I will soon! =) Stop looking and buy it. I got the 7.3l and am glad I did.

Frame Protection
By Bruce Roosa on 01/06/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My first crew cab, long bed, F-250. Recently had misfortune of a driver's side impact by a mini van doing better than 60. I was spun and the driver's door came into the seat. I walked away with some bruises, that's all. I'm ordering a 2006 just like the 2003. No additions or subtractions. Excellent built, excellent ride and performance.

Best value around
By mountain trucker on 12/01/05 20:22 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

7.3 liter diesel with 122,000 trouble free miles and it still looks and runs like new. This truck still has its original rotors and pads which aren't even half worn out! 18 mpg at the speed limit with the comfort of a car and out of this world torque. Pulled an 8,000 lb boat coast to coast without breaking a sweat. Torque converter could lockup a little tighter. 4WD is there when you need it.

THE truck to own
By Big Red One on 03/15/05 08:49 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the truck a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! Traded in a F-150 with the 4.2L V6 for a F-250 with 5.4L V8. Maybe a little underpowered for such a big truck but it is still very fun to drive. Fuel mileage is ok but not the greatest, probably the only reason I like having the V8 instead of the V10. Go with a diesel even though it costs a lot more.

Ford Service Stinks
By Tom Rauch on 01/21/05 05:37 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2004 PSD F-250 has been in repair for 50% of the time with transmission and accelerator control problems, including an accident caused by loss of accelerator control. It has had a new wiring harness, two new computers, a rebuilt transmission, new accelerator pedal, engine sleeve, and other issues, and now needs a new transmission that Ford says will take 70 days to deliver. My F-250 SD has been a nightmare to own, and Ford has been virtually non-responsive to my complaints. Their customer interface stinks, to but it nicely. I almost never tow with this truck, never take it off road, and never abuse it, yet the transmission failed three times. Once minor, twice major.

My truck
By MyFavorite on 11/07/04 10:36 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ford truck and they just keep getting better. The only regret that I have is that I did not buy one with the V-10 or diesel, instead of the 5.4 V-8. It runs great until you tow a trailer with it. Then you have to disable the overdrive and suffer the loss of gas mileage. I get about 13 in town and 16 highway, empty, but only about 9 towing our small 21' camper. My friend's F-350 with 7.3L gets over 15mpg towing nearly anything. I feel a 2005 diesel and Tow Command in my near future ! Ford Credit, here I come again!

F250 Super Duty
By R.S. on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I Love my truck. It is quiet and does the job it was designed to do. No frills, no leather, it is a truck. The shocks are too soft and I replaced them with heavier ones. Other than that the only bad thing about this vehicle is the gas mileage.

Best truck on the market
By ranman65 on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love the 6.0l. Never had any problem. I heard alot of negative talk about this at first. That's just the anti-ford people talking. Great engine, more torque, great trans, quieter and cheaper to modify than chevy or dodge. Ford is simply the best.