Used 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2003 Super duty F-250
By J. Grimm

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First and foremost, DO NOT BUY A FORD WITH A 5.4L ENGINE. 5.4 l engines Ford used are notorious for blowing head gaskets like mine did at around 75, 000 miles. Also, due to the aluminum block, the spark plugs have a reported habit of either falling into the cylinders or shooting out. This engine is crap and expensive to repair.

The BEST of the BEASTS! Love my truck!
By christopher67

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my f250 RWD XL Utility Truck back in 2012 for a song and at 270,000km/168,000mi she is still going strong!!! She is a little ugly from the previous owner but the engine purrs like new, the interior is still in great shape and there is virtually no rust on the body! I have fallen in love with Ford trucks. Simply awesome and easy to fix!

Big 8ft box, cruise control, acceleration.

N-O-N-E

Best heavy duty truck you can get
By stimm32

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We got one of the last 7.3 liter Power Stroke diesel models in the 2003 model year before Ford switched to the 6.0L. We bought the truck new, and we now have 174,000 miles on it. We have had zero powertrain issues, and the only electrical issues we have had were with the alternator failing (once), the ABS module failing (again, once), and a shift-on-the-fly 4WD issue (only once). This truck has plenty of power to do anything. I have pulled people out of ditches and up hills in the snow with this truck. Just lock the diffs and go. We have hauled our truck camper and towed our boat at the same time, and the truck handles it just fine.

Power, capability, reliability

Stiff ride, but that is to be expected from a 1 ton pickup truck.

F250 after 6 years
By awryexperiment

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Still going strong! No major issues with this truck. I replaced brakes, end links, alternator, ball joints only. Interior is quiet with no squeeks or rattles. Exterior is in great shape with no corrosion. Engine efficiency is lower than when new and acceleration is a bit slower. Power is still very strong. Feels solid, strong and safe.

Strength and long-term quality of the truck.

Cloth seats wear very well but attract hair and lint like crazy!

River Truck
By Rod

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use this truck for towing my boat to the river and for taking my baseball gear to practice (sons team). I love the truck. I installed headers and exhaust but did not help mileage much. I have a 6 inch lift and 35" tires and get 9-10 mpg. This is my only grievance with this truck but I drive it seldom so not such a big deal. Great truck.

Big Truck. Very roomy and comfortable. Solid build

Better gas mileage and more low end torque