Used 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2003 Super duty F-250
By J. Grimm

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First and foremost, DO NOT BUY A FORD WITH A 5.4L ENGINE. 5.4 l engines Ford used are notorious for blowing head gaskets like mine did at around 75, 000 miles. Also, due to the aluminum block, the spark plugs have a reported habit of either falling into the cylinders or shooting out. This engine is crap and expensive to repair.

Only a Ford can be this Good
By fxoffroad

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Writing this 4 years into ownership, I have to say I can't believe Ford can build such an outstanding product. My truck has been flawless - has never needed anything other than routine maintenance... which after 4 years has totaled around $1000.00.

Build/Engine/Body quality. Great seats that make long journeys a joy... great pulling capabilities. Interior space is very spacious and functional. Sweet styling... which I like better than the 2008 models.

Wish a sunroof would of been available in the extended cab... and that's it. Otherwise this truck rocks!

THE truck to own
By Big Red One

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the truck a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! Traded in a F-150 with the 4.2L V6 for a F-250 with 5.4L V8. Maybe a little underpowered for such a big truck but it is still very fun to drive. Fuel mileage is ok but not the greatest, probably the only reason I like having the V8 instead of the V10. Go with a diesel even though it costs a lot more.

Interior superior to Dodge or Chevy. Power drivers seat makes for a comfortable drive, even in a big truck. So big and fun to drive, you'll feel like the king of the road.

No V8 in the F-250 series. A little underpowered. Make the diesel a little more affordable.

Ford Service Stinks
By Tom Rauch

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2004 PSD F-250 has been in repair for 50% of the time with transmission and accelerator control problems, including an accident caused by loss of accelerator control. It has had a new wiring harness, two new computers, a rebuilt transmission, new accelerator pedal, engine sleeve, and other issues, and now needs a new transmission that Ford says will take 70 days to deliver. My F-250 SD has been a nightmare to own, and Ford has been virtually non-responsive to my complaints. Their customer interface stinks, to but it nicely. I almost never tow with this truck, never take it off road, and never abuse it, yet the transmission failed three times. Once minor, twice major.

Quiet, nice interior, lots of power.

Better customer service. Better transmissions. Better parts availability. Get rid of electronic accelerator pedal and go back to a reliable cable system.

My truck
By MyFavorite

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ford truck and they
just keep getting better. The only
regret that I have is that I did not
buy one with the V-10 or diesel,
instead of the 5.4 V-8. It runs great
until you tow a trailer with it. Then
you have to disable the overdrive and
suffer the loss of gas mileage. I get
about 13 in town and 16 highway, empty,
but only about 9 towing our small 21'
camper. My friend's F-350 with 7.3L
gets over 15mpg towing nearly anything.
I feel a 2005 diesel and Tow Command in
my near future ! Ford Credit, here I
come again!

Interior quality much superior to Dodge or Chevy 2500 series trucks. Seems able to perform any task. Looks great! mine is Black/Silver accent/Aluminum wheels/black tonneau cover/tinted glass all the way around/white letter Pirelli's. I even get "nice truck" from drivers of other brands.

Don't offer the 5.4 in a truck this big. A V-10 should be standard and the 6.0L diesel optional. Tighten up the steering response a little. It feels as though the front steering is connected to the steering wheel with a big rubber band. My F150 was much more responsive and easier to drive.