2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
The BEST of the BEASTS! Love my truck!
By christopher67 on 03/12/14 18:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my f250 RWD XL Utility Truck back in 2012 for a song and at 270,000km/168,000mi she is still going strong!!! She is a little ugly from the previous owner but the engine purrs like new, the interior is still in great shape and there is virtually no rust on the body! I have fallen in love with Ford trucks. Simply awesome and easy to fix!

F250 after 6 years
By awryexperiment on 11/30/09 10:41 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Still going strong! No major issues with this truck. I replaced brakes, end links, alternator, ball joints only. Interior is quiet with no squeeks or rattles. Exterior is in great shape with no corrosion. Engine efficiency is lower than when new and acceleration is a bit slower. Power is still very strong. Feels solid, strong and safe.

6.0l Diesel going strong.
By JessH on 08/31/09 07:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck used back in '05. The previous owner must have had the engine injectors and turbo changed (a common problem with the first 6.0l diesels), because this thing has been a powerhouse for me, never a problem. Now that its getting older, and has 100,000 miles, I am still pulling horse trailers, and loving the power. My only qualm is a weird rattle from the frame SOMEWHERE (can't seem to find it when not moving). I couldn't be happier with the truck, and will probably hold onto it for another 3 years, then give it to my daughter as her first vehicle (she can pull her own horse trailer then!).

A wonderful hauler
By Paul on 07/21/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 7.3 diesel. It's a wonderful hauler! The truck is very stable when hauling 2 yards of dirt or our 5th wheel trailer. I haven't modified the powertrain and see no need to. The economy of the diesel is about 14 in town and 19 highway; and about 11 with the trailer. Top build quality, over 100,000 miles and no squeaks. If you need to move heavy stuff, this is the one. If you only want a truck to look cool, the half-tonners are better for that. This is a serious work truck.

Transmission not so good
By E Morenus on 07/07/08 21:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a '03 7.3L powerstroke, at the lake the transmission went out with only 52,000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer figuring the 100,000 mi powertrain warranty would cover it, it didn't. $ 4,000 later and the new transmission (refurbished I add) has a better warranty than the origional one. I'm dissapointed when I pull 14000K worth of equipment. I've heard wonderful things but haven't experienced the greatness of the 7.3L. Soon trade for a new twin turbo F-350 or a Dodge Cummins

6.0 Power Joke Lemon
By aaron on 11/10/07 08:57 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My truck has been in the shop 21 times, 12 loaner cars, 5 repeats from local dealership and two tow trucks. Ford customer service is just at bad. This is the worst truck ford has ever made. Buy anything but the 6.0 Ford. Should this qualify for a lemon? Ford thinks not. Be careful and look for something else.

Only a Ford can be this Good
By fxoffroad on 08/30/07 16:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Writing this 4 years into ownership, I have to say I can't believe Ford can build such an outstanding product. My truck has been flawless - has never needed anything other than routine maintenance... which after 4 years has totaled around $1000.00.

Best value around
By mountain trucker on 12/01/05 20:22 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

7.3 liter diesel with 122,000 trouble free miles and it still looks and runs like new. This truck still has its original rotors and pads which aren't even half worn out! 18 mpg at the speed limit with the comfort of a car and out of this world torque. Pulled an 8,000 lb boat coast to coast without breaking a sweat. Torque converter could lockup a little tighter. 4WD is there when you need it.

THE truck to own
By Big Red One on 03/15/05 08:49 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the truck a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! Traded in a F-150 with the 4.2L V6 for a F-250 with 5.4L V8. Maybe a little underpowered for such a big truck but it is still very fun to drive. Fuel mileage is ok but not the greatest, probably the only reason I like having the V8 instead of the V10. Go with a diesel even though it costs a lot more.

Ford Service Stinks
By Tom Rauch on 01/21/05 05:37 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2004 PSD F-250 has been in repair for 50% of the time with transmission and accelerator control problems, including an accident caused by loss of accelerator control. It has had a new wiring harness, two new computers, a rebuilt transmission, new accelerator pedal, engine sleeve, and other issues, and now needs a new transmission that Ford says will take 70 days to deliver. My F-250 SD has been a nightmare to own, and Ford has been virtually non-responsive to my complaints. Their customer interface stinks, to but it nicely. I almost never tow with this truck, never take it off road, and never abuse it, yet the transmission failed three times. Once minor, twice major.