Used 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-250-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

The BEST of the BEASTS! Love my truck!
By christopher67

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my f250 RWD XL Utility Truck back in 2012 for a song and at 270,000km/168,000mi she is still going strong!!! She is a little ugly from the previous owner but the engine purrs like new, the interior is still in great shape and there is virtually no rust on the body! I have fallen in love with Ford trucks. Simply awesome and easy to fix!

Favorite Features

Big 8ft box, cruise control, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

N-O-N-E

F250 after 6 years
By awryexperiment

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Still going strong! No major issues with this truck. I replaced brakes, end links, alternator, ball joints only. Interior is quiet with no squeeks or rattles. Exterior is in great shape with no corrosion. Engine efficiency is lower than when new and acceleration is a bit slower. Power is still very strong. Feels solid, strong and safe.

Favorite Features

Strength and long-term quality of the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seats wear very well but attract hair and lint like crazy!

6.0l Diesel going strong.
By JessH

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck used back in '05. The previous owner must have had the engine injectors and turbo changed (a common problem with the first 6.0l diesels), because this thing has been a powerhouse for me, never a problem. Now that its getting older, and has 100,000 miles, I am still pulling horse trailers, and loving the power. My only qualm is a weird rattle from the frame SOMEWHERE (can't seem to find it when not moving). I couldn't be happier with the truck, and will probably hold onto it for another 3 years, then give it to my daughter as her first vehicle (she can pull her own horse trailer then!).

Favorite Features

Lariat interior, very comfortable. Hitch even has a small ring for the trailer e-brake cable. Truck looks good with a 1-size up oversize tire on stock rims. Oil filter is easy to change, and the truck has a great wine from the turbo.

Suggested Improvements

Lower fuel filter extremely hard to change, as its inside the frame rail, behind brake lines. Air Filter is hard to change, due to lack of space, and the HUGE size of the filter. Front boots wear easily, and are hard to replace.

A wonderful hauler
By Paul

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 7.3 diesel. It's a wonderful hauler! The truck is very stable when hauling 2 yards of dirt or our 5th wheel trailer. I haven't modified the powertrain and see no need to. The economy of the diesel is about 14 in town and 19 highway; and about 11 with the trailer. Top build quality, over 100,000 miles and no squeaks. If you need to move heavy stuff, this is the one. If you only want a truck to look cool, the half-tonners are better for that. This is a serious work truck.

Favorite Features

Drive train

Suggested Improvements

More factory guages

Transmission not so good
By E Morenus

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a '03 7.3L powerstroke, at the lake the transmission went out with only 52,000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer figuring the 100,000 mi powertrain warranty would cover it, it didn't. $ 4,000 later and the new transmission (refurbished I add) has a better warranty than the origional one. I'm dissapointed when I pull 14000K worth of equipment. I've heard wonderful things but haven't experienced the greatness of the 7.3L. Soon trade for a new twin turbo F-350 or a Dodge Cummins

Favorite Features

Mileage for such a heavy truck. Pulling light trailers is easy, you don't know it's there. 4WD works wonderfully in any condition. Beat the heck out of it and it'll keep going. Great work truck.

Suggested Improvements

Braking (very hard on truck), origional transmission needs to be able to handle more than 30,000 miles before warranty ends. $110 oil changes. $175 fillups (not Ford's fault.) window motor makes noises when rolling down.