2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Best heavy duty truck you can get
By stimm32 on 11/13/12 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We got one of the last 7.3 liter Power Stroke diesel models in the 2003 model year before Ford switched to the 6.0L. We bought the truck new, and we now have 174,000 miles on it. We have had zero powertrain issues, and the only electrical issues we have had were with the alternator failing (once), the ABS module failing (again, once), and a shift-on-the-fly 4WD issue (only once). This truck has plenty of power to do anything. I have pulled people out of ditches and up hills in the snow with this truck. Just lock the diffs and go. We have hauled our truck camper and towed our boat at the same time, and the truck handles it just fine.

River Truck
By Rod on 09/09/09 21:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use this truck for towing my boat to the river and for taking my baseball gear to practice (sons team). I love the truck. I installed headers and exhaust but did not help mileage much. I have a 6 inch lift and 35" tires and get 9-10 mpg. This is my only grievance with this truck but I drive it seldom so not such a big deal. Great truck.

Best Truck on the market
By SSG David on 03/05/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Loved this truck, performance was great. Used to call it my big sports car. Never had any mechanical issues at all, how ever it chewed thru tires once a year in the front end. Power when needed and a soft relaxing ride. I would buy another in a heart beat. The V-10 drank the gas like it was going out of style in the city but on the highway it was fair.

steering problems
By 250skeptic on 02/02/07 08:16 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I like the power of the 6.0 diesel but the turbo and injector were replaced under warranty. The most annoying problem is the steering wobble. Truck wanders from side to side on the straight aways. If anyone has any ideas on a solution for this I would love to know. So far this is my 1st F250 for my business fleet and it will probably be the last.

STOP LOOKING AND BUY IT!
By Ron on 11/08/06 20:54 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck 2 weeks ago. I have been a Chevy at heart (boy did I hear it) and this truck is great. The fuel tank is my only complaint as it is small (27 gallons) at 14.5 mpg around town. Plenty of torque around town and plenty of horsepower for the highway. Haven't used the 4x4 yet, but I will soon! =) Stop looking and buy it. I got the 7.3l and am glad I did.

Frame Protection
By Bruce Roosa on 01/06/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My first crew cab, long bed, F-250. Recently had misfortune of a driver's side impact by a mini van doing better than 60. I was spun and the driver's door came into the seat. I walked away with some bruises, that's all. I'm ordering a 2006 just like the 2003. No additions or subtractions. Excellent built, excellent ride and performance.

Best truck on the market
By ranman65 on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love the 6.0l. Never had any problem. I heard alot of negative talk about this at first. That's just the anti-ford people talking. Great engine, more torque, great trans, quieter and cheaper to modify than chevy or dodge. Ford is simply the best.

Ford Not to Tough
By Jones90 on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased New Had One Week Back in shop motor lost power 6.0 Diesel not good motor at all the 7.3 was better, the body feels cheap, loud road noise, should have purchased Chevy with Duramax/ Allision I went and drove one the other day thinking about trading Ford in for Chevy, but can not get good trade-in value on Ford!!!

F-250 Should be better
By WAF on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I hoped buying late into the series production years would help with quality but I am dissappointed. In 38,000 I have been down three times. First ignition coil would not heat up, then both batteries died, and 5,000 miles later the alternator goes bad. All would have put me on the side of the road if I were away from home. The CD player went bad too but that is relatively minor.

Great Truck! 6.0 Diesel
By twostroke on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

22.6 MPG on road! 16.6 MPG mixed driving. You must get the 6.0 diesel, it's the BOSS! Hugh interior. Nice riding truck.