Used 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Best heavy duty truck you can get
By stimm32

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We got one of the last 7.3 liter Power Stroke diesel models in the 2003 model year before Ford switched to the 6.0L. We bought the truck new, and we now have 174,000 miles on it. We have had zero powertrain issues, and the only electrical issues we have had were with the alternator failing (once), the ABS module failing (again, once), and a shift-on-the-fly 4WD issue (only once). This truck has plenty of power to do anything. I have pulled people out of ditches and up hills in the snow with this truck. Just lock the diffs and go. We have hauled our truck camper and towed our boat at the same time, and the truck handles it just fine.

Power, capability, reliability

Stiff ride, but that is to be expected from a 1 ton pickup truck.

River Truck
By Rod

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use this truck for towing my boat to the river and for taking my baseball gear to practice (sons team). I love the truck. I installed headers and exhaust but did not help mileage much. I have a 6 inch lift and 35" tires and get 9-10 mpg. This is my only grievance with this truck but I drive it seldom so not such a big deal. Great truck.

Big Truck. Very roomy and comfortable. Solid build

Better gas mileage and more low end torque

Best Truck on the market
By SSG David

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Loved this truck, performance was great. Used to call it my big sports car. Never had any mechanical issues at all, how ever it chewed thru tires once a year in the front end. Power when needed and a soft relaxing ride. I would buy another in a heart beat. The V-10 drank the gas like it was going out of style in the city but on the highway it was fair.

I would have to say in the end it was the saftey features that became my favorite part of hte truck. Rolled it 7 times and my Wife and I once cut out walked away with out a single scratch.

Have a chip or something that could down grade the V-10 to a V-8 when not needed like dodge is doing. The rear bench seat should fold down to a bed.

steering problems
By 250skeptic

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I like the power of the 6.0 diesel but the turbo and injector were replaced under warranty. The most annoying problem is the steering wobble. Truck wanders from side to side on the straight aways. If anyone has any ideas on a solution for this I would love to know. So far this is my 1st F250 for my business fleet and it will probably be the last.

Great power and towing ability.

Poor steering design and poor OEM tires.

STOP LOOKING AND BUY IT!
By Ron

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck 2 weeks ago. I have been a Chevy at heart (boy did I hear it) and this truck is great. The fuel tank is my only complaint as it is small (27 gallons) at 14.5 mpg around town. Plenty of torque around town and plenty of horsepower for the highway. Haven't used the 4x4 yet, but I will soon! =) Stop looking and buy it. I got the 7.3l and am glad I did.

7.3l turbo diesel!