2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
The BEST of the BEASTS! Love my truck!
By christopher67 on 03/12/14 18:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my f250 RWD XL Utility Truck back in 2012 for a song and at 270,000km/168,000mi she is still going strong!!! She is a little ugly from the previous owner but the engine purrs like new, the interior is still in great shape and there is virtually no rust on the body! I have fallen in love with Ford trucks. Simply awesome and easy to fix!

Best heavy duty truck you can get
By stimm32 on 11/13/12 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We got one of the last 7.3 liter Power Stroke diesel models in the 2003 model year before Ford switched to the 6.0L. We bought the truck new, and we now have 174,000 miles on it. We have had zero powertrain issues, and the only electrical issues we have had were with the alternator failing (once), the ABS module failing (again, once), and a shift-on-the-fly 4WD issue (only once). This truck has plenty of power to do anything. I have pulled people out of ditches and up hills in the snow with this truck. Just lock the diffs and go. We have hauled our truck camper and towed our boat at the same time, and the truck handles it just fine.

F250 after 6 years
By awryexperiment on 11/30/09 10:41 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Still going strong! No major issues with this truck. I replaced brakes, end links, alternator, ball joints only. Interior is quiet with no squeeks or rattles. Exterior is in great shape with no corrosion. Engine efficiency is lower than when new and acceleration is a bit slower. Power is still very strong. Feels solid, strong and safe.

River Truck
By Rod on 09/09/09 21:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use this truck for towing my boat to the river and for taking my baseball gear to practice (sons team). I love the truck. I installed headers and exhaust but did not help mileage much. I have a 6 inch lift and 35" tires and get 9-10 mpg. This is my only grievance with this truck but I drive it seldom so not such a big deal. Great truck.

6.0l Diesel going strong.
By JessH on 08/31/09 07:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck used back in '05. The previous owner must have had the engine injectors and turbo changed (a common problem with the first 6.0l diesels), because this thing has been a powerhouse for me, never a problem. Now that its getting older, and has 100,000 miles, I am still pulling horse trailers, and loving the power. My only qualm is a weird rattle from the frame SOMEWHERE (can't seem to find it when not moving). I couldn't be happier with the truck, and will probably hold onto it for another 3 years, then give it to my daughter as her first vehicle (she can pull her own horse trailer then!).

Best Truck on the market
By SSG David on 03/05/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Loved this truck, performance was great. Used to call it my big sports car. Never had any mechanical issues at all, how ever it chewed thru tires once a year in the front end. Power when needed and a soft relaxing ride. I would buy another in a heart beat. The V-10 drank the gas like it was going out of style in the city but on the highway it was fair.

Ford Tuff!
By Groovy Gary on 09/05/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Words cannot completely express the attributes of this truck. I was very hesitant about purchasing a what? V10 But oh my Gawd this engine is as smooth as a baby's bottom with fresh talcum powder on it. The truck is truely amazing. I love it! The ride is nice and smooth, the interior is nice and comfortable, the suspension is strong as an ox and the power to pull is overwhelming. Great truck!

A wonderful hauler
By Paul on 07/21/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 7.3 diesel. It's a wonderful hauler! The truck is very stable when hauling 2 yards of dirt or our 5th wheel trailer. I haven't modified the powertrain and see no need to. The economy of the diesel is about 14 in town and 19 highway; and about 11 with the trailer. Top build quality, over 100,000 miles and no squeaks. If you need to move heavy stuff, this is the one. If you only want a truck to look cool, the half-tonners are better for that. This is a serious work truck.

Transmission not so good
By E Morenus on 07/07/08 21:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a '03 7.3L powerstroke, at the lake the transmission went out with only 52,000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer figuring the 100,000 mi powertrain warranty would cover it, it didn't. $ 4,000 later and the new transmission (refurbished I add) has a better warranty than the origional one. I'm dissapointed when I pull 14000K worth of equipment. I've heard wonderful things but haven't experienced the greatness of the 7.3L. Soon trade for a new twin turbo F-350 or a Dodge Cummins

6.0 Power Joke Lemon
By aaron on 11/10/07 08:57 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My truck has been in the shop 21 times, 12 loaner cars, 5 repeats from local dealership and two tow trucks. Ford customer service is just at bad. This is the worst truck ford has ever made. Buy anything but the 6.0 Ford. Should this qualify for a lemon? Ford thinks not. Be careful and look for something else.