2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Great Truck

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XL Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 6-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed)

Great Truck
By Ian M on

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Pulled my 30' 5th wheel with no problems although my MPG dropped by half. I found that if I hauled any load without the "cruise control", I had better milage. The cruise worked well, it would just eat too much fuel, especially through hilly country. I have just over 100 000 kms (Can) & have gone through 2 alternaters (1 at 29000 & 2nd at 69000) already. I did install a set of Pia lights on my "kangaroo bumper" in 2003, not sure if this is the problem or not. Warrenty covered everything including both batteries. These were the only serious issues. I love it & take really good care of it. I hope to get 400 000kms more. I am happy with MPG getting over 700kms/tank (HW) while driving 100-110kmh.

Unlimited power. Will pull anything with ease. Love the roomy cab, including back seats. Can sit 5 adults comfortably for hours. I also love the style of these trucks. They look very sharp.

My factory CD seems to overheat after about 60-90 min of play. Not sure why. I would love to see Ford come out with a Mega cab like dodge has. I live in the far north of Canada & like to carry my winter gear & supplies with me. 6-10" more of interior storage space would be great.