96 Chevy 1500 to an 02 F250 4D 4X4 Crew
By Danny in Fla on
2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
5.4l gas gets me 10 mpg and it was sort of itching my hide but gas has come way down. The good thing is even if I am hauling 4k trailer load behind me, I still get 10 mpg. Don't know why. I know this truck does not feel like I am hauling anything, and the 4X4 feature got me unstuck two times at the city dump when it was storming both times. My Chevy 1500 gets about 22 mpg but I drive my F250 and the Chevy sits there. Maybe I will give it to my 16 year old son. The F250 is a power house getting on the interstate or highway. I have no problem getting up to 65, even pulling a 4k load. This is with a 5.4 gas engine.
Favorite Features
I can listen to CD or cassette. The AC will freeze me and the heater will bake me out. I can lock the window controls so the kids can't roll them down. A lot of room in the back seat. 3 kids (16, 19 and 20) and they say there is more room than in the back seat of my wife's minivan.
Suggested Improvements
Please make a Ford replacement radio that plays cassette, CD and MP3 CDs. A CD with MP3 format music will hold up to 10 hours of music. The same CD with CD format holds about 74 minutes of music.