Used 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Built Ford Tuff
By Kenn Mag

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My Ford F250 has been rode hard and put away wet. I have already put 60,000 mile on in the first two years and I've never had a days problem with it. I do a lot of off roading, beach driving, towning and highway driving. I wish all of Fords vechicles were this well built.

I really enjoy the 4 wheel drive and the V10 power is great.

The sound system is substandard for a vehicle that costs this much.

in the shop more than on the road
By cropguy

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A new f250 with lots of repairs is unacceptable. Only 22000 miles and have had new rotors,brakes, front springs and soon tires dues too improper front end problems. Must have been a Friday or Monday built truck. Now have a vibration, rattle under the truck to take in next week. I hope Ford Motor Co. reads this because they have not cared so far. I've had the truck in the shop for close too 2 weeks total time. I use this truck for work and buy new every 2 years too prevent down time, which costs me MONEY. Not sure where I'll buy next, but I know this truck is gone at 36000 mi. THis is not the dealers fault. Poorly made truck.

Ford call me and I'll tell you

Thr Barons Gripes
By Baron Muenchausen

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overall good build Quality with very well built and tough drivetrain. Paint quality not so good though, as repainting on all horizontal surfaces was needed due to tiny spots of rust.These we found, were caused by ROAD FILM, or the dust and grime kicked up by the steel wheels and rails when the truck was shipped by rail. The dealer had no problem doing the repairs, although it is not reassuring getting a NEW vehicle repainted!

Great looks!, The way a truck should look. Exellent visabilty due to the HIGH ride height. STRONG suspension and undercarrage.

Improve shipping standards., Cover vehicles with plastic clings to protect finish. Improve seat cover corner stays., Plastic pressure clips on seat cover corners DO NOT stay closed.

Powerstrokin' It
By 26psiboost

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck replaced my 99.5 SD SC PSD and there is a world of difference between the two. The 02 is much quieter and refined with major emphasis on NVH dampening. I added a Superchip 1700 programmer and this truck is incredibly fast and I gained 1 mpg with the cruise set on 80. The speed limiter is gone now and this truck with 3.73 does 117 mph on the GPS(not on public roads of course)! I can't wait to see what the 03 does with 6.0 and 5spd auto.

Dual power captain chairs, Superchip 1700 and trailer tow mirrors.

3.42 or 3.55 rear for us folks who don't tow heavy to increase mpg. This truck with the programmer will get 18 mpg all day at 80, but a 3.55 should get the rpm's around 1900-2000, which is the sweet spot for this motor when it comes to economy.

F250 Rocks!
By dartol

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have wanted an F-250 for a long time so I finally got one. It is a great truck! I got the PowerStroke diesel. The truck is very powerful. Of course the diesel is probably not as quick as the V-10, but it is quite surprising for a diesel. I love the fact that it has front and rear solid axles for strength and durability. While everyone else is going to independent suspension to improve ride and handling,I am glad that Ford has not done that on the Superduty. The ride of this truck is EXCELLENT for a truck! Ford really did it right.

Power. I also love the Superduty styling. Solid axles front and rear. Long bed has room to haul anything. Can tow just about anything. Ride is great for a truck!

'Smart' valved shocks would help with body roll in corners. It is not bad, but could be improved. Supercab doors squeak. Body metal is thin, not like the old Ford trucks.