2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Built Ford Tuff
By Kenn Mag on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My Ford F250 has been rode hard and put away wet. I have already put 60,000 mile on in the first two years and I've never had a days problem with it. I do a lot of off roading, beach driving, towning and highway driving. I wish all of Fords vechicles were this well built.

in the shop more than on the road
By cropguy on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A new f250 with lots of repairs is unacceptable. Only 22000 miles and have had new rotors,brakes, front springs and soon tires dues too improper front end problems. Must have been a Friday or Monday built truck. Now have a vibration, rattle under the truck to take in next week. I hope Ford Motor Co. reads this because they have not cared so far. I've had the truck in the shop for close too 2 weeks total time. I use this truck for work and buy new every 2 years too prevent down time, which costs me MONEY. Not sure where I'll buy next, but I know this truck is gone at 36000 mi. THis is not the dealers fault. Poorly made truck.

Thr Barons Gripes
By Baron Muenchausen on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overall good build Quality with very well built and tough drivetrain. Paint quality not so good though, as repainting on all horizontal surfaces was needed due to tiny spots of rust.These we found, were caused by ROAD FILM, or the dust and grime kicked up by the steel wheels and rails when the truck was shipped by rail. The dealer had no problem doing the repairs, although it is not reassuring getting a NEW vehicle repainted!

Powerstrokin' It
By 26psiboost on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck replaced my 99.5 SD SC PSD and there is a world of difference between the two. The 02 is much quieter and refined with major emphasis on NVH dampening. I added a Superchip 1700 programmer and this truck is incredibly fast and I gained 1 mpg with the cruise set on 80. The speed limiter is gone now and this truck with 3.73 does 117 mph on the GPS(not on public roads of course)! I can't wait to see what the 03 does with 6.0 and 5spd auto.

F250 Rocks!
By dartol on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have wanted an F-250 for a long time so I finally got one. It is a great truck! I got the PowerStroke diesel. The truck is very powerful. Of course the diesel is probably not as quick as the V-10, but it is quite surprising for a diesel. I love the fact that it has front and rear solid axles for strength and durability. While everyone else is going to independent suspension to improve ride and handling,I am glad that Ford has not done that on the Superduty. The ride of this truck is EXCELLENT for a truck! Ford really did it right.

Toy Hauler
By pcherry on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Lots of room inside. 6-way drivers seat a must for short person. Turbo diesel rules! Should have gotten limited slip. Need to plan approach to parking lots (very large turning circle). This is the best truck for family that likes traveling and taking your toys with you. Get cab steps or bar.

7.3L TDiesel
By Very Satisfied Cust. on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 pickups in my lifetime. None have been as well built as this truck. I compared it to the Chevy 2500HD Diesel.(ha ha) This is a real truck. It has everything I was looking for. Ford has done a great job.

Overall I'm Pleased
By Hollen McGland on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Got the V10 cause I'm a power freak and I couldn't pass up the 400lb torque figures. Thought I could live with the gas mileage and I guess I'll have to. 13.5 on hiway 9.5 to 11 around town. It is kinda fun to burn rubber in a vehicle this big though. I basicly bought this as a family car to replace my old Suburban. The only thing I'm missing is the 3rd seat and I saved about 7k over a similarly equipped Suburban. Plus I can haul bicycles and stuff easier now. Put a lockable tool box on it, after market, that serves as a trunk.

Super Duty Rules
By Thomas Jenkins on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The Ford Super Duty is the best truck I've ever driven. Right now it's getting 19 miles per gallon and for a truck this big, which haul or tow almost anything, that's incredible. I highly recommend the truck and Borman ford here in Las Cruces, NM. They have treated me great!!!

My "car"
By Sherie on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I am 5'2 120lbs, not exactly what you expect to see jumping out of this big truck. I thought my husband was crazy, but I test drove it and fell in love. I will never own another kind of vehicle. I can fit 2 car seats, 3adults, and a 12 year old. I had a bachlorette party of 10 women (not recommended and definitely not legal). It's a car and a truck combined. Great stereo, AC, and lots of cup holders (the important stuff). Big yet easy to drive. I look great driving it.