Used 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

My 02 f250 5.4 Super Duty automatic/gas
By mempey

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Truck is a beast 7 feet tall, good power, great inside and out...it guzzles gas and oil, i have no leaks no damage but under carriage rust and bed rust.... great ride awesome power, I run 89 gas with GUMOUT I save $20 per fill up using this product....

huge interior great reliability, we drove it from Boston down to NC during the winter starts runs fine, i needed the 4x4 twice and np at all easy switch.. very comfy but it has the 4x4 truck suspension but never any alignment issues etc

think they can improve the touchy engine but once you change certain things it runs great again

Once it gets started it's a blast
By Sam Carey

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Now mind you I've done just about everything to this beast. KN cold air intake, Edge Performance chip w/on dash module, Weston Nerf bars, etc. now the issues I have is if the engine gets below 65 degrees it won't start except a whole lot of cranking. And then if it is way too cold like below zero it kills the batteries. I've replaced no less than 4 batteries ($90 a pop), 3 alternators ($550 a pop), a refit of the diesel/coolant system ($1800). Right now this thing has turned into a money pit, as i speak it sits dead again on my driveway, and yes it is plugged in, it's always plugged in

I can tow anything, and I mean ANYTHING when it runs

Better alternator design for sure

Best Truck Ever!!!
By Erik

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this truck now for 5 years. i have gone cross country and and mudding just about any thing you can think of. The reason i bout this truck is because my friends and the 03 and 04 F-250 diesil 6L something but it was garbage. I have never done anything but lift it, oil change, and new tires other wise all the thinds i have done it runs brand new like the day i bought it. It has so much power and the Turbo makes it sound amazing. My best friend has a Dodge Ram 1500 diesil and i can go so many more places faster and eaiser. i would buy this truck agian and not a newer one the 1999-2002 is the year u want trust me!

7.3L V8 Interior Desighn 4x4 Turbocharged

8" Lift 35" Tires Dual Haystacks Bull horns or Angle cut

Great Truck
By Ian M

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Pulled my 30' 5th wheel with no problems although my MPG dropped by half. I found that if I hauled any load without the "cruise control", I had better milage. The cruise worked well, it would just eat too much fuel, especially through hilly country. I have just over 100 000 kms (Can) & have gone through 2 alternaters (1 at 29000 & 2nd at 69000) already. I did install a set of Pia lights on my "kangaroo bumper" in 2003, not sure if this is the problem or not. Warrenty covered everything including both batteries. These were the only serious issues. I love it & take really good care of it. I hope to get 400 000kms more. I am happy with MPG getting over 700kms/tank (HW) while driving 100-110kmh.

Unlimited power. Will pull anything with ease. Love the roomy cab, including back seats. Can sit 5 adults comfortably for hours. I also love the style of these trucks. They look very sharp.

My factory CD seems to overheat after about 60-90 min of play. Not sure why. I would love to see Ford come out with a Mega cab like dodge has. I live in the far north of Canada & like to carry my winter gear & supplies with me. 6-10" more of interior storage space would be great.

96 Chevy 1500 to an 02 F250 4D 4X4 Crew
By Danny in Fla

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

5.4l gas gets me 10 mpg and it was sort of itching my hide but gas has come way down. The good thing is even if I am hauling 4k trailer load behind me, I still get 10 mpg. Don't know why. I know this truck does not feel like I am hauling anything, and the 4X4 feature got me unstuck two times at the city dump when it was storming both times. My Chevy 1500 gets about 22 mpg but I drive my F250 and the Chevy sits there. Maybe I will give it to my 16 year old son. The F250 is a power house getting on the interstate or highway. I have no problem getting up to 65, even pulling a 4k load. This is with a 5.4 gas engine.

I can listen to CD or cassette. The AC will freeze me and the heater will bake me out. I can lock the window controls so the kids can't roll them down. A lot of room in the back seat. 3 kids (16, 19 and 20) and they say there is more room than in the back seat of my wife's minivan.

Please make a Ford replacement radio that plays cassette, CD and MP3 CDs. A CD with MP3 format music will hold up to 10 hours of music. The same CD with CD format holds about 74 minutes of music.