2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
My 02 f250 5.4 Super Duty automatic/gas
By mempey on 05/22/13 15:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Truck is a beast 7 feet tall, good power, great inside and out...it guzzles gas and oil, i have no leaks no damage but under carriage rust and bed rust.... great ride awesome power, I run 89 gas with GUMOUT I save $20 per fill up using this product....

Once it gets started it's a blast
By Sam Carey on 12/09/09 07:49 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Now mind you I've done just about everything to this beast. KN cold air intake, Edge Performance chip w/on dash module, Weston Nerf bars, etc. now the issues I have is if the engine gets below 65 degrees it won't start except a whole lot of cranking. And then if it is way too cold like below zero it kills the batteries. I've replaced no less than 4 batteries ($90 a pop), 3 alternators ($550 a pop), a refit of the diesel/coolant system ($1800). Right now this thing has turned into a money pit, as i speak it sits dead again on my driveway, and yes it is plugged in, it's always plugged in

Best Truck Ever!!!
By Erik on 04/24/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this truck now for 5 years. i have gone cross country and and mudding just about any thing you can think of. The reason i bout this truck is because my friends and the 03 and 04 F-250 diesil 6L something but it was garbage. I have never done anything but lift it, oil change, and new tires other wise all the thinds i have done it runs brand new like the day i bought it. It has so much power and the Turbo makes it sound amazing. My best friend has a Dodge Ram 1500 diesil and i can go so many more places faster and eaiser. i would buy this truck agian and not a newer one the 1999-2002 is the year u want trust me!

Great Truck
By Ian M on 03/08/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Pulled my 30' 5th wheel with no problems although my MPG dropped by half. I found that if I hauled any load without the "cruise control", I had better milage. The cruise worked well, it would just eat too much fuel, especially through hilly country. I have just over 100 000 kms (Can) & have gone through 2 alternaters (1 at 29000 & 2nd at 69000) already. I did install a set of Pia lights on my "kangaroo bumper" in 2003, not sure if this is the problem or not. Warrenty covered everything including both batteries. These were the only serious issues. I love it & take really good care of it. I hope to get 400 000kms more. I am happy with MPG getting over 700kms/tank (HW) while driving 100-110kmh.

96 Chevy 1500 to an 02 F250 4D 4X4 Crew
By Danny in Fla on 01/19/09 22:19 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

5.4l gas gets me 10 mpg and it was sort of itching my hide but gas has come way down. The good thing is even if I am hauling 4k trailer load behind me, I still get 10 mpg. Don't know why. I know this truck does not feel like I am hauling anything, and the 4X4 feature got me unstuck two times at the city dump when it was storming both times. My Chevy 1500 gets about 22 mpg but I drive my F250 and the Chevy sits there. Maybe I will give it to my 16 year old son. The F250 is a power house getting on the interstate or highway. I have no problem getting up to 65, even pulling a 4k load. This is with a 5.4 gas engine.

What a hoss
By Sammy on 10/29/05 00:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My powerstroke diesel crew cab has dragged my 11,000 pound fifth wheel all over America for the last three years without a whimper. There's tons of room inside, and we stay comfortable no matter how long the trip or how hot the weather. It pulls my house up pretty stout grades at 70 mph without downshifting, which is amazing to me. With the bedcover closed and not towing, I get 20 mph on the road at 75 mph and a consistent 17 around town. What's not to like?

Hawk`s Nest Ranch
By Hawk`s Nest Ranch on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Our first ford truck... We have been driving it for 2wks now, AND WE JUST LOVE THIS TRUCK ALOT Thank you Mark & Sherry Green

Love this Tonka Truck
By AustinFX4 on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Mine is really a 2003 but has the 7.3 so mine is more like a 2002... This truck performs very well pulling my 11k rv.

Best Truck Made!
By fordtruckguy on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best truck of 4 that I have owned. Great handling, good brakes, and loads of power in my V-10.

No Wonder SuperDuty Outsells Them All !
By Markwayne on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 7.3L Powerstroke is an excellent "tried & true" diesel.I put a K&N air kit on & it roars and takes off like a bullet.Rides & drives better than mom's Cadillac. Though it weighs in @ 7,100 lbs., the 20mpg I get on the road is amazing. I have tested all the other makes. The fit & finish of Ford trucks is vastly superior to the cheap look & feel of the Chevy/GMC. The Super Duty overall design is well planned. I like the fact that the Super Duty is THE ONLY 3/4 ton truck designed & built as such with its own special heavy duty frame. Chevy/GMC/Ram simply install higher spring rates in their 1/2 tons and call it a "heavy duty".