2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
What a hoss
By Sammy on 10/29/05 00:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My powerstroke diesel crew cab has dragged my 11,000 pound fifth wheel all over America for the last three years without a whimper. There's tons of room inside, and we stay comfortable no matter how long the trip or how hot the weather. It pulls my house up pretty stout grades at 70 mph without downshifting, which is amazing to me. With the bedcover closed and not towing, I get 20 mph on the road at 75 mph and a consistent 17 around town. What's not to like?

No Wonder SuperDuty Outsells Them All !
By Markwayne on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 7.3L Powerstroke is an excellent "tried & true" diesel.I put a K&N air kit on & it roars and takes off like a bullet.Rides & drives better than mom's Cadillac. Though it weighs in @ 7,100 lbs., the 20mpg I get on the road is amazing. I have tested all the other makes. The fit & finish of Ford trucks is vastly superior to the cheap look & feel of the Chevy/GMC. The Super Duty overall design is well planned. I like the fact that the Super Duty is THE ONLY 3/4 ton truck designed & built as such with its own special heavy duty frame. Chevy/GMC/Ram simply install higher spring rates in their 1/2 tons and call it a "heavy duty".

Powerstrokin' It
By 26psiboost on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck replaced my 99.5 SD SC PSD and there is a world of difference between the two. The 02 is much quieter and refined with major emphasis on NVH dampening. I added a Superchip 1700 programmer and this truck is incredibly fast and I gained 1 mpg with the cruise set on 80. The speed limiter is gone now and this truck with 3.73 does 117 mph on the GPS(not on public roads of course)! I can't wait to see what the 03 does with 6.0 and 5spd auto.

Overall I'm Pleased
By Hollen McGland on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Got the V10 cause I'm a power freak and I couldn't pass up the 400lb torque figures. Thought I could live with the gas mileage and I guess I'll have to. 13.5 on hiway 9.5 to 11 around town. It is kinda fun to burn rubber in a vehicle this big though. I basicly bought this as a family car to replace my old Suburban. The only thing I'm missing is the 3rd seat and I saved about 7k over a similarly equipped Suburban. Plus I can haul bicycles and stuff easier now. Put a lockable tool box on it, after market, that serves as a trunk.

GREAT EXCEPT FOR THE SEATS
By brucey72 on 02/27/02 00:25 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

SO FAR I AM VERY PLEASED WITH MY TRUCK. THE V-10 HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER FOR ME. STYLE AND LOOKS WISE, THE TRUCK IS A REAL HEAD TURNER. MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE THE SEATS. I CAN NOT GET COMFORTABLE YET. AFTER AN HOUR OF DRIVING, MY LOWER BACK HURTS. STILL TRYING TO REMEDY THAT.