2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
My 02 f250 5.4 Super Duty automatic/gas
By mempey on 05/22/13 15:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Truck is a beast 7 feet tall, good power, great inside and out...it guzzles gas and oil, i have no leaks no damage but under carriage rust and bed rust.... great ride awesome power, I run 89 gas with GUMOUT I save $20 per fill up using this product....

Once it gets started it's a blast
By Sam Carey on 12/09/09 07:49 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Now mind you I've done just about everything to this beast. KN cold air intake, Edge Performance chip w/on dash module, Weston Nerf bars, etc. now the issues I have is if the engine gets below 65 degrees it won't start except a whole lot of cranking. And then if it is way too cold like below zero it kills the batteries. I've replaced no less than 4 batteries ($90 a pop), 3 alternators ($550 a pop), a refit of the diesel/coolant system ($1800). Right now this thing has turned into a money pit, as i speak it sits dead again on my driveway, and yes it is plugged in, it's always plugged in

Why buy anything else??
By E on 09/24/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I honestly don't know why anyone would consider buying anything else. Bought w/150,000 mi. Replaced the fuel sensor about 2 yrs ago. That's it..at 160,000 mi!! Change the oil and go. Why on earth Ford stopped building this motor is exactly the reason why buyers are abandoning their trucks in droves. If you buy a 6.0L or a 6.4L, you deserve what you get. You would do well to talk to diesel mechanics first. I'm going to upgrade soon and I guess that I'll have to go to the GMC Duramax, much as I hate to. Just a great, great motor in a great truck.

Best Truck Ever!!!
By Erik on 04/24/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this truck now for 5 years. i have gone cross country and and mudding just about any thing you can think of. The reason i bout this truck is because my friends and the 03 and 04 F-250 diesil 6L something but it was garbage. I have never done anything but lift it, oil change, and new tires other wise all the thinds i have done it runs brand new like the day i bought it. It has so much power and the Turbo makes it sound amazing. My best friend has a Dodge Ram 1500 diesil and i can go so many more places faster and eaiser. i would buy this truck agian and not a newer one the 1999-2002 is the year u want trust me!

Great Truck
By Ian M on 03/08/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Pulled my 30' 5th wheel with no problems although my MPG dropped by half. I found that if I hauled any load without the "cruise control", I had better milage. The cruise worked well, it would just eat too much fuel, especially through hilly country. I have just over 100 000 kms (Can) & have gone through 2 alternaters (1 at 29000 & 2nd at 69000) already. I did install a set of Pia lights on my "kangaroo bumper" in 2003, not sure if this is the problem or not. Warrenty covered everything including both batteries. These were the only serious issues. I love it & take really good care of it. I hope to get 400 000kms more. I am happy with MPG getting over 700kms/tank (HW) while driving 100-110kmh.

96 Chevy 1500 to an 02 F250 4D 4X4 Crew
By Danny in Fla on 01/19/09 22:19 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

5.4l gas gets me 10 mpg and it was sort of itching my hide but gas has come way down. The good thing is even if I am hauling 4k trailer load behind me, I still get 10 mpg. Don't know why. I know this truck does not feel like I am hauling anything, and the 4X4 feature got me unstuck two times at the city dump when it was storming both times. My Chevy 1500 gets about 22 mpg but I drive my F250 and the Chevy sits there. Maybe I will give it to my 16 year old son. The F250 is a power house getting on the interstate or highway. I have no problem getting up to 65, even pulling a 4k load. This is with a 5.4 gas engine.

Costly to maintain
By Mike on 12/23/08 20:02 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

As a truck goes this is a great vehicle. Never had a problem hauling or towing. I used this truck to commute with occasional towing of a camper and boat. By no means an abused or roughly treated vehicle. Before buying one be advised about the cost of owning a HD Ford. The ball joints have to be replaced every 30K at a cost of $1,000 here in New England. The brakes and rotors replaced at 35K...yup close to another grand. Tires, normal wear but they're about a thousand too. Also replaced the front locking hubs twice already...600 bucks each time. Oil changes are more costly too especially since takes 16 quarts of oil! Expect to pay about $1,000 annually for maintenance.

Great truck
By john H on 06/12/08 06:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ordered new in 1/2002. Been all over the USA with it, off road, snow and towed cars and trailers, never had any problems at all. Only thing that quit was the overdrive button recently. Brakes replaced at 100k! New tires 3 times including originals, but other than that just routine maintenance. Used Mobil 1 oil since new. Ride is a bit bouncy but then I have offroad and camper packages so its expected. Wish the back seat folded flat for better loading, and would prefer a real ashtray like the older models had. I get 16mpg hwy driving with cruise and at speed limit, also added air bags in rear for hauling camper and building materials. I expect to go another 100k miles no problem.

Great Machine
By 2packs4sure on 02/09/08 11:29 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought it new. Wanted the 7.3 diesel before the 6.0's came out. Turned out that was the right move! Got 13 to 17 mpg until about 45000 miles. Once past that mileage is 15.5+ in town and 21+ on the highway. Really a great truck! The only repairs have been, center link got sloppy, replaced it, Cam position sensor $30.00 part and 10 minutes to change, and cd changer went bad after 5 years and hard use. Got a replacement cd module that bolts into the radio in 5 minutes. So easy it suprised me. No mechanical problems whatsoever, never dripped a drop of anything. I think i'll keep it!

Thundering Beast
By r on 09/16/07 08:59 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck used with 50,000 miles on it and in mint condition. I've owned a number of Ford trucks in the past including f-150s and f-250s and this one is the best of the bunch. It's an XLT with a long list of extras including the 6.8L v-10. All the interior options make for a nice enjoyable ride and that engine is fantastic. Endless acceleration and power.City driving gives about 10 mpg and highway is 15. This is driving with a lead foot.If the rpms are kept between 1500-2000 the mileage can be improved on. But, really, who buys a truck like this to drive like grandma?

1 2 3 4 5 next »