2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Super Duty/Powerstroke review

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XLT Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed)

Super Duty/Powerstroke review
By Andrew Cain on

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have had no trouble in 15 month's and 13,800 miles. The mileage from the powerstroke gets better as more miles are run up. I have been disappointed in the paint on my vehicle. Excellent visibility from the elevated driving position and the headlights. DO NOT buy one without foglights. I cannot say enough about the powerstroke. What a fine piece of engineering. I have put in a K&N filter and will go to a chip in the next few months. I have been getting 18mpg on the road and expect that to keep getting better. Diesel is strong in 4 wheel drive and I have yet to get stuck on my hunting lease. Tires will spin easily even on dry pavement though.

Favorite Features

The POWERSTROKE engine. Driving position and visibility. Love the extended towing mirrors. The mirrors and foglights are worth the extra money.

Suggested Improvements

I would want to see a better quality of paint on a $40,000 vehicle and a little better pickup in 1st gear with the auto transmission. I would also suggest a traction control devise to keep the deisel from overpowering the tires in 4 wheel drive. A bigger fuel tank would be nice.