Best Truck Ever with exceptions...
By Awesome Truck on
2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)
Lariat, leather, 4x4, V-10, bucket power seats, power everything for that matter, HUGE...needed a megaphone to talk to the people riding with me I had so much room! This truck is the best truck I have ever owned. I am 6'5", 300 lbs. I have 56" shoulders. I have never ridden in another vehicle that I could actually feel comfortable. 12,000 lb trailer, no problem. Missing a gas station. HUGE problem. I live in -20 to -30 below temps. Warm up, 4x4, terrible gas mileage, 4-6 mpg for the winter. Up to 17.3 mpg at 60 on cruise and wind behind me going downhill.
Favorite Features
Room for a bigger guy. All the power I ever needed. Great view of the road 360 degrees. Leather, power seats, trip/mileage computer and good storage.
Suggested Improvements
Need better mileage without having to pay $7000 more for a diesel so I can pay $1 more a gallon. Fit and finish. Lots of rattles and squeaks after 75000 miles. Rough ride even though 3/4 ton. Put in adjustable air bags. Ford, you're smart! Get us all we want and 20mpg and $30,000 not $60,000!