Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

What a woman thinks of her truck
By A. Robbins

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I LOVE this Truck! It has been a much better experience than the two Toyotas, a Ford F-150 or the two Dodge trucks I've owned. It is a V-10 and I have very few complaints about it. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a heavy duty truck. A lot of people ask why I drive such a large truck, and I must reply that I never have to ask anyone to help me move something or go to the dump with yard waste.

The room in the cab is great. I like how much area the passengers in the back seat get for leg room. My daughter is very tall, and with the other extra cabs I've owned she had to sit sideways. There is plenty of room for her friends. I like that I sit up high to see over the traffic in front of me.

Please improve the brakes, make them last longer and more effective. Do something about the stiff ride. I would like AC vents in the back seat. I would like a easily removable tailgate. I would like a bit more storage area behind the back seat for packages while shopping. A standard lift kit please

good truck
By Captain Phil

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Good dependable truck. Made to work hard.

Towing and hauling ability.

Lower body a bit to make loading easier.

Super Tough Super Duty
By Riverrat57

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This truck pulls an 11,500 pound trailer - it has pulled it through the Appalachians, the Black Hills, and the Big Horn Mountains without any trouble whatsoever. It exudes power. It has been trouble free for 71,000 miles and has many many more trouble free miles left in it. What a great truck!

Power, styling, room, comfort - heck it even gets 17.5 mpg in daily driving which is city and highway mixed.

The ONLY trouble I've had with the truck are the front door actuators that pop the locks. At 4 years old they have given up the ghost and I will be replacing them this weekend. They should last longer than 4 years!

F-250 Superduty Powerstroke
By Bryant

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Awesome power, good fuel economy. I have pulled 10,000 lb. trailers, hauled welding machines, dirt and rock, never got it to breathing hard. Couple of mechanical issues - AC compressor, and camshaft position sensor.

Power and fuel economy.

Ford could learn to manage the cruise control like GM, and the high beam selector is just dumb.

Reliable truck thus far.
By wyomingwapiti

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Currently have about 48,000 miles on this truck. Power is adequate. Mileage is great. Gets about 18 mpg highway. Not bad for a 4WD 3/4 ton. Haven't had any trouble with this truck yet other than an ABS light coming on and off recently. I dont like the way the truck handles on the highway. Ford redid their front suspension on their 2005 models though. Much better! Good clearance for off road.

Gas mileage, reliability. ground clearance good.

Road handling characteristics could be better.