2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
BEWARE
By Mannyg on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Problems with the tranny, front axle, driveline, alignment. After about 40 days total for repairs and 15 times at the dealer Ford finally bought it back under the lemon law. The dealership continually made excuses! At least Ford stepped up and re-purchased the vehicle.

Buy the Dodge or Chevy
By Jim Martin on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

At 36,720 miles the transmission gave out leaving me on I-85. Now at 59,014 miles the drivers side front wheel hub is missed up. I call Ford 3-times and finally was told that the repair is not covered under my extended warranty. The service manager at the dealership never called me after FCC said he would. The truck pulled to right from day one and you can't adjust it. My tailgate has alway been hard to open and there is a clunking sound from passenger front that I have never found out what it is. My tires wore out at 30,000 miles and have been rotated every 3,000 miles from day one. Please tell everyone about my experiences.

work-horse
By Mark Zaluski on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

7.3 Power Stroke is a work horse. Truck starts in hot or cold weather, great fuel economy for that size rig

Better than most
By shane on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I drive it hard and long. It hold up and is always there when i need it! With style! Who could ask for more?

Nice Truck
By Davydee on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Nice truck that has done what we ask of it. On par for America design & build quality. Towing (7.3L Diesel) we get 10-12 mpg; solo 16-19 mpg. Great traveling tow vehicle. Transmission still weak link if you're going to work the truck hard. Plan on needing additional transcooler.

Great (big) truck
By mulebrand on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

No problems in 34000 miles. One recall for seat belt buckle in the shop for about 30 minutes. 17 miles per gallon with 7.3 diesel. Great view from up there. Lots of respect from the little vehicles. Back seat like a couch for adults and large pets.

My ford's oil deal
By Exterior Landscaping on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This truck as been great to me, I do some minor hauling(Pop-up, landscape trailer)and love the 5 speed. I got the creeper gear. The vehicle is great except for the following. There are minor rattles in the door mechanism for the rear doors, my oil consumption is almost a quart every 3k miles(Every oil change)Other than that, its ok.

Even God Would Have a Powerstroke
By BigBear on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck! I have been on several Colorado and New Mexico Ski trips from Fort Worth, and never had a problem, plenty of top end speed and power. I recently moved to Nashville, Tn and two days after I got here it snowed 8inches. I found out the pure power of the Powerstroke. I hooked up to a Nashville city bus that had wrecked and was accros all the lanes of traffic and was over the curb. I put that bad boy in 4wd low and dropped it into low gear and idled away towing a full size city bus out of the middle of traffic.

Even God Would Have a Powerstroke
By bigbear on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Super Duty/Powerstroke review
By Andrew Cain on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have had no trouble in 15 month's and 13,800 miles. The mileage from the powerstroke gets better as more miles are run up. I have been disappointed in the paint on my vehicle. Excellent visibility from the elevated driving position and the headlights. DO NOT buy one without foglights. I cannot say enough about the powerstroke. What a fine piece of engineering. I have put in a K&N filter and will go to a chip in the next few months. I have been getting 18mpg on the road and expect that to keep getting better. Diesel is strong in 4 wheel drive and I have yet to get stuck on my hunting lease. Tires will spin easily even on dry pavement though.