Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

"Ford" The Only Real Truck!
By Jim Powell

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 7.3 PowerStroke. WHAT A POWERHOUSE! I pull a 9000lb. fifth wheel with about 2000 lbs in water, accessories and it doesn't even struggle. I have added an aftermarket air filter and also have a programmer for the computer. I don't need the extra power but when is enough,enough? This truck will light them up on all 4 wheels. 120+ extra hp. I'd like to get a hold of the 08' with the new 6.4L diesel. With 24,000lb. towing capacity you can make every home a mobile home.

Where do I start? Everything! It's a beast!

Lower price but I guess you get what you pay for.

Love my Ford
By westtxqueen

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first BIG truck and I love it. We bought it used with around 70,000 miles on it and after the alternator went out the first week, we have had no problems whatsoever. It is awesome pulling a horse trailer and doesn't get bogged down for much. Love the way it handles and we actually get really good gas mileage, around 19 in town and 25 or better on the highway. It is not a 4x4 and have no aftermarket changes to it. I was raised a Chevy girl, but am so very impressed with my Ford. Maybe there is room out there for both. :o)

I love the power of the diesel engine, I was always told that Dodge diesels were the way to go and I do enjoy the ones I have driven, but I wouldn't turn away a Ford.

The radio is kind of funky sometimes. I am sure though that they have changed any problems with that aspect of it.

Big bad 250
By YOMOMMA

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is awesome! It is awesome for off roading due to its ground clearance and 4.10 gears. If only it had the power of Chevy's 6.0 v8.

Front end styling and that's it.

Better ride quality.

I love this truck!
By Rick

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. Yes, it has a stiff ride. No, it doesn't get great gas mileage (although it's as good as my '96 F150 got, so I'm not complaining). It's a heavy duty truck, not your grandmother's Buick. It is built to work and work hard and it does that incredibly well. The 5.4L has more than enough power and torque to do any job the average homeowner has. Although it is built to work, it is still comfortable and stylish enough to take out on the town, although parking might be tricky in some lots. On and off road manners are more than acceptable for a truck of this size. Besides all that, it just looks so cool!

Sheer ruggedness.

None. I love this truck!

Bravo!
By Mark

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle in every way. 12-13 mpg city/highway with 6.8L and 3:73 non limited slip rear. Best mileage at 16 mpg empty on open road at 60 mph. Motor has plenty of power and is good choice if diesel is not an option. Motor is strong at 97k, burns 1/3 to 1/2 quart between 4k oil changes. I will look to replace it with similar options. Thanks Ford!

Exterior -- full chrome front bumper (no colored plastics). Grill is nice retro of earlier 1950's F series.

Higher front springs -- remember the ol' 1972 F-250 "hi boy". The body needs protective corner covering on lower front sides of pickup bed. Rocks kick up and chip the paint on lower pickup box where it separates from main body.