Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

I love this truck!
By Rick

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. Yes, it has a stiff ride. No, it doesn't get great gas mileage (although it's as good as my '96 F150 got, so I'm not complaining). It's a heavy duty truck, not your grandmother's Buick. It is built to work and work hard and it does that incredibly well. The 5.4L has more than enough power and torque to do any job the average homeowner has. Although it is built to work, it is still comfortable and stylish enough to take out on the town, although parking might be tricky in some lots. On and off road manners are more than acceptable for a truck of this size. Besides all that, it just looks so cool!

Sheer ruggedness.

None. I love this truck!

good truck
By Captain Phil

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Good dependable truck. Made to work hard.

Towing and hauling ability.

Lower body a bit to make loading easier.

F-250 Superduty Powerstroke
By Bryant

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Awesome power, good fuel economy. I have pulled 10,000 lb. trailers, hauled welding machines, dirt and rock, never got it to breathing hard. Couple of mechanical issues - AC compressor, and camshaft position sensor.

Power and fuel economy.

Ford could learn to manage the cruise control like GM, and the high beam selector is just dumb.

Never Again a Ford
By Alex

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have been a Ford man since day one. Since I purchased my F-250 in 2003, I have had the O rings replaced in the turbo 3 times, various oil leaks taken care of by the dealer, the rear end had a friction modifier installed to cure the slipping when going around corners, and now at 72,000 miles the transmission went. The dealer says Ford knows about the transmission problems, but wonít recall them, or help owners with them. I just spent $2,700 rebuilding the transmission with aftermarket heavy duty parts; the transmission shop says the Ford parts are garbage (Ford wanted $ 3000.00 with stock parts) Quality is Job one! Nice catchy slogan, too bad they donít mean it. Canít wait to get rid of it.

The motor (made by International Harvester). It is a very comfortable truck to drive.

Quality!Look out Ford, Toyota and Nissan are eventually going to eat your lunch in the truck market.

Great
By donny190

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I owned a 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel. It has lasted 13 years with me. It had 300,000 miles on it and was still going strong. But I needed a newer truck. Looked for months; couldn't find one until I found a F-250 Powerstroke diesel. I am getting around 18 mpg. It is great going back and forth from work. Rides great, feels sturdy and feels like it is always going to stay on the road. I didn't get the shift on the fly because I go offroad a lot and work in construction. The diesel engine runs great and has a lot of power and it is nice to have a turbo on the engine.

Diesel engine, the back seat has plenty of room, and it drives like a dream.

Running boards standard; being 5'5" tall, it is just a little hard getting into the truck. I will be adding those soon. Have an airbag sensor, not a key to turn it off. Also give it just a little more power.