2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
It's a pullin machine
By Steve Livingston on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for nearly 4 years, and have not had any reliability issues with it. It has pulled our 10,500 pound travel trailer from Georgia to Montana and Wyoming, and to Maine. It has always performed superbly. I get decent fuel mileage when not pulling - usually about 16-17 in town, but I do avoid all the lights. On the highway I have gotten anywhere from 18 to an incredible 27 mpg (that only happened once - usually the upper limit is 22mpg). Pulling the trailer it gets around 12mpg - except on 8% grades, where it drops about 2mpg. I wouldn't buy another one because I don't plan on ever getting rid of this one!

Poor transmission
By Marks V10 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Great looking truck with V10. MPG max 11mpg present with 39k miles 10.3 At 15k transmission had to be rebuilt by Ford. At 36k ignition system had to be replaced. At 39k transmission replaced by Ford with 36k Warranty. Trailers pulled by this truck 0. Good thing I purchased the extended warranty but it has still cost me several hundred dollars and the two transmission repairs took a month each. Wish me luck.

2001 Ford Super Duty 4wd Crew Cab
By thisisme on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Overall, this is an excellent vehicle. Fun to drive and pulls great.

V-10 nightmare
By P.O.S. on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Truck is great till the rocker arms all cracked and head was replaced,white paint somethimg wrong it is rusting everywhere!36,000 miles now and getting rid of it.Worst gas miles now than when i got it brand new

BEWARE
By Mannyg on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Problems with the tranny, front axle, driveline, alignment. After about 40 days total for repairs and 15 times at the dealer Ford finally bought it back under the lemon law. The dealership continually made excuses! At least Ford stepped up and re-purchased the vehicle.

Buy the Dodge or Chevy
By Jim Martin on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

At 36,720 miles the transmission gave out leaving me on I-85. Now at 59,014 miles the drivers side front wheel hub is missed up. I call Ford 3-times and finally was told that the repair is not covered under my extended warranty. The service manager at the dealership never called me after FCC said he would. The truck pulled to right from day one and you can't adjust it. My tailgate has alway been hard to open and there is a clunking sound from passenger front that I have never found out what it is. My tires wore out at 30,000 miles and have been rotated every 3,000 miles from day one. Please tell everyone about my experiences.

Better than most
By shane on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I drive it hard and long. It hold up and is always there when i need it! With style! Who could ask for more?

Nice Truck
By Davydee on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Nice truck that has done what we ask of it. On par for America design & build quality. Towing (7.3L Diesel) we get 10-12 mpg; solo 16-19 mpg. Great traveling tow vehicle. Transmission still weak link if you're going to work the truck hard. Plan on needing additional transcooler.

Great (big) truck
By mulebrand on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

No problems in 34000 miles. One recall for seat belt buckle in the shop for about 30 minutes. 17 miles per gallon with 7.3 diesel. Great view from up there. Lots of respect from the little vehicles. Back seat like a couch for adults and large pets.

My ford's oil deal
By Exterior Landscaping on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This truck as been great to me, I do some minor hauling(Pop-up, landscape trailer)and love the 5 speed. I got the creeper gear. The vehicle is great except for the following. There are minor rattles in the door mechanism for the rear doors, my oil consumption is almost a quart every 3k miles(Every oil change)Other than that, its ok.