Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Best Truck Ever with exceptions...
By Awesome Truck

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Lariat, leather, 4x4, V-10, bucket power seats, power everything for that matter, HUGE...needed a megaphone to talk to the people riding with me I had so much room! This truck is the best truck I have ever owned. I am 6'5", 300 lbs. I have 56" shoulders. I have never ridden in another vehicle that I could actually feel comfortable. 12,000 lb trailer, no problem. Missing a gas station. HUGE problem. I live in -20 to -30 below temps. Warm up, 4x4, terrible gas mileage, 4-6 mpg for the winter. Up to 17.3 mpg at 60 on cruise and wind behind me going downhill.

Room for a bigger guy. All the power I ever needed. Great view of the road 360 degrees. Leather, power seats, trip/mileage computer and good storage.

Need better mileage without having to pay $7000 more for a diesel so I can pay $1 more a gallon. Fit and finish. Lots of rattles and squeaks after 75000 miles. Rough ride even though 3/4 ton. Put in adjustable air bags. Ford, you're smart! Get us all we want and 20mpg and $30,000 not $60,000!

Super Duty
By Ron B.

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I am a Ford Truck person with having several over the years. the problem I have with them living in SW pa. is the RUST. The wheel lips on the bed have always been a area of concern. With this 250 I park it in a garage and keep it clean but it didn't make a difference. the only option is to buy a southern bed or get rid of the truck. My next move is to move to the F-350 diesel. I presently use this truck to move a 6600 lb skid steer and with the 5.4 it is a dog on any grade. I am happy that the mech. part has given me no problems but I think a heaver truck will satisify my req. I will buy another FORD

Super Duty is the way to go. I would go for an XLT thou. Truck looks good from the design features

2001 F-250 Crew Lariat SB Pwr Stk NICE!
By Michael Meenan

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Traded a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Quadbcab Cummins DSL for 2001 F-250 Crew Lariat 7.3 Powerstroke straight up. I am doing less masonry and more white collar stuff. Dodge was dynamic and strong, but loud and awkward for a father with 3 boys. Interior - Going from the Dodge to the Ford was like going from a closet to a living room. The Ford build quality and attention to detail is far superior to the Dodge. The Ford is quieter, more stable and seems better rooted to the road. Its like an SUV on steroids. Exterior - Ford's body lines are cleaner, the hinges tighter and the little things, like a light under the hood and a locking tailgate, are much appreciated. Very glad I made that trade!

7.3 Powerstroke; Road handling, smoother ride. Interior appointments and ergonomics; handy storage compartment behind rear seat; quality radio, c/d, cassette; back seats that easily accommodate adults.

None. Ford never should have abandoned the 7.3 Liter Powerstroke. If you can find one, grab it!

Spark plug blowouts
By Thomas

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

The 5.4 Triton V-8 and the V-10 are blowing out spark plugs thru out the USA. If you google this problem you will find out there are only 3 threads for the spark plug to grip to and the heads are aluminum. Sorry no fix as a heli-coil is made of steel and it heats up ar a different temperature than aluminum, then the heli-coil also blows out. This happens on Ford super duty trucks from 1999 thru 2005, Be careful not to purchase this poorly engineered garbage. Dont believe me? Google it! ~!!

Selling it.

Do not buy a Ford 5.4 or V-10 aluminum block and engine.

My hard working F-250
By bigfeen

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is the BEST truck I have ever owned. It has a V-10 that has NEVER left me stranded! I love this truck and hate to get rid of it but it has over 300000 miles!

The ride and duribility