2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
I love this truck!
By Rick on 03/19/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. Yes, it has a stiff ride. No, it doesn't get great gas mileage (although it's as good as my '96 F150 got, so I'm not complaining). It's a heavy duty truck, not your grandmother's Buick. It is built to work and work hard and it does that incredibly well. The 5.4L has more than enough power and torque to do any job the average homeowner has. Although it is built to work, it is still comfortable and stylish enough to take out on the town, although parking might be tricky in some lots. On and off road manners are more than acceptable for a truck of this size. Besides all that, it just looks so cool!

Never Again a Ford
By Alex on 01/22/05 23:33 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have been a Ford man since day one. Since I purchased my F-250 in 2003, I have had the O rings replaced in the turbo 3 times, various oil leaks taken care of by the dealer, the rear end had a friction modifier installed to cure the slipping when going around corners, and now at 72,000 miles the transmission went. The dealer says Ford knows about the transmission problems, but wonít recall them, or help owners with them. I just spent $2,700 rebuilding the transmission with aftermarket heavy duty parts; the transmission shop says the Ford parts are garbage (Ford wanted $ 3000.00 with stock parts) Quality is Job one! Nice catchy slogan, too bad they donít mean it. Canít wait to get rid of it.