Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-250-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Best Truck Ever with exceptions...
By Awesome Truck

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Lariat, leather, 4x4, V-10, bucket power seats, power everything for that matter, HUGE...needed a megaphone to talk to the people riding with me I had so much room! This truck is the best truck I have ever owned. I am 6'5", 300 lbs. I have 56" shoulders. I have never ridden in another vehicle that I could actually feel comfortable. 12,000 lb trailer, no problem. Missing a gas station. HUGE problem. I live in -20 to -30 below temps. Warm up, 4x4, terrible gas mileage, 4-6 mpg for the winter. Up to 17.3 mpg at 60 on cruise and wind behind me going downhill.

Favorite Features

Room for a bigger guy. All the power I ever needed. Great view of the road 360 degrees. Leather, power seats, trip/mileage computer and good storage.

Suggested Improvements

Need better mileage without having to pay $7000 more for a diesel so I can pay $1 more a gallon. Fit and finish. Lots of rattles and squeaks after 75000 miles. Rough ride even though 3/4 ton. Put in adjustable air bags. Ford, you're smart! Get us all we want and 20mpg and $30,000 not $60,000!

Great truck but poor build
By khudo

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Original owner. I love the color the ride every thing. At 20000 miles the tires crap out. They put cheap tires on to keep the price down. At fifty thousand the front end goes out. $3000 dollars worth. This is after a trip to Indiana from Iowa on interstate going 80 mph. Now keep in mind this heavey duty truck has never worked a day in its life. About two weeks later the tranny just quit. Guess what? Warranty never covered a thing. Now there has been some small stuff too but all in all I feel an expensive truck for the way I drive and use it. Now at 100000 front end and tranny need replaced again. I traded in 1984 Chevy. I'm going back to Chevy. Last thing 14.5 mpg every time.

Favorite Features

Automatic hubs, color, hotest heater I've ever had

Suggested Improvements

Better air conditioning, stronger transmission, greasable front end

Love my Ford
By al frisina

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This Ford truck is the best one I have owned. It is comfortable to drive, especially when towing. I use it to tow a 30' Kountry Starr 5th. wheel and you never know it is back there. I have been getting about 9.0 to 10.0 miles/gal. towing and 15 to 16.5 not towing.

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather seats and all around driveability

Suggested Improvements

Passenger side power seat that was not available on this model. Automatic temp. control for air cond. that was not available on this model.

Powerstroke 6 speed
By crazycorkath

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

So far I am very pleased with my truck. It gets reasonable fuel mileage- -20 mpg highway and 17 to 18 mpg around town if I drive conservatively. I have taken several long trips in it and the captain chairs are very comfortable. The 6 speed detracts from the fun of driving it. The only problem I had was with the hydraulic clutch assembly, which my son replaced. Right now I am having a problem with the door locks, but apparently that is not uncommon.

Favorite Features

The Powerstroke.

Great Truck
By roger

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Had a $40 part go out of my tranny at 57,000 miles. That was the only problem I have had mechanically. Mileage is 7-10 mpg in the winter and 11- 15 in the summer for combined highway and city. I have the V-10. Lots of power and the Lariat heated leather seats are amazing. I am 6'5" and have room to spare. Very nice.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, great interior controls and tons of room.

Suggested Improvements

The console is pretty plain and not very practical. Mileage is way too low with an average being 9-10 overall.