2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Best Truck Ever with exceptions...
By Awesome Truck on 04/10/10 20:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Lariat, leather, 4x4, V-10, bucket power seats, power everything for that matter, HUGE...needed a megaphone to talk to the people riding with me I had so much room! This truck is the best truck I have ever owned. I am 6'5", 300 lbs. I have 56" shoulders. I have never ridden in another vehicle that I could actually feel comfortable. 12,000 lb trailer, no problem. Missing a gas station. HUGE problem. I live in -20 to -30 below temps. Warm up, 4x4, terrible gas mileage, 4-6 mpg for the winter. Up to 17.3 mpg at 60 on cruise and wind behind me going downhill.

Great truck but poor build
By khudo on 12/10/07 20:06 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Original owner. I love the color the ride every thing. At 20000 miles the tires crap out. They put cheap tires on to keep the price down. At fifty thousand the front end goes out. $3000 dollars worth. This is after a trip to Indiana from Iowa on interstate going 80 mph. Now keep in mind this heavey duty truck has never worked a day in its life. About two weeks later the tranny just quit. Guess what? Warranty never covered a thing. Now there has been some small stuff too but all in all I feel an expensive truck for the way I drive and use it. Now at 100000 front end and tranny need replaced again. I traded in 1984 Chevy. I'm going back to Chevy. Last thing 14.5 mpg every time.

Love my Ford
By al frisina on 06/07/07 08:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This Ford truck is the best one I have owned. It is comfortable to drive, especially when towing. I use it to tow a 30' Kountry Starr 5th. wheel and you never know it is back there. I have been getting about 9.0 to 10.0 miles/gal. towing and 15 to 16.5 not towing.

Powerstroke 6 speed
By crazycorkath on 02/20/07 16:50 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

So far I am very pleased with my truck. It gets reasonable fuel mileage- -20 mpg highway and 17 to 18 mpg around town if I drive conservatively. I have taken several long trips in it and the captain chairs are very comfortable. The 6 speed detracts from the fun of driving it. The only problem I had was with the hydraulic clutch assembly, which my son replaced. Right now I am having a problem with the door locks, but apparently that is not uncommon.

Great Truck
By roger on 02/05/07 00:14 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Had a $40 part go out of my tranny at 57,000 miles. That was the only problem I have had mechanically. Mileage is 7-10 mpg in the winter and 11- 15 in the summer for combined highway and city. I have the V-10. Lots of power and the Lariat heated leather seats are amazing. I am 6'5" and have room to spare. Very nice.

I love this truck!
By Rick on 03/19/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. Yes, it has a stiff ride. No, it doesn't get great gas mileage (although it's as good as my '96 F150 got, so I'm not complaining). It's a heavy duty truck, not your grandmother's Buick. It is built to work and work hard and it does that incredibly well. The 5.4L has more than enough power and torque to do any job the average homeowner has. Although it is built to work, it is still comfortable and stylish enough to take out on the town, although parking might be tricky in some lots. On and off road manners are more than acceptable for a truck of this size. Besides all that, it just looks so cool!

good truck
By Captain Phil on 10/12/05 19:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Good dependable truck. Made to work hard.

F-250 Superduty Powerstroke
By Bryant on 04/16/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Awesome power, good fuel economy. I have pulled 10,000 lb. trailers, hauled welding machines, dirt and rock, never got it to breathing hard. Couple of mechanical issues - AC compressor, and camshaft position sensor.

Never Again a Ford
By Alex on 01/22/05 23:33 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have been a Ford man since day one. Since I purchased my F-250 in 2003, I have had the O rings replaced in the turbo 3 times, various oil leaks taken care of by the dealer, the rear end had a friction modifier installed to cure the slipping when going around corners, and now at 72,000 miles the transmission went. The dealer says Ford knows about the transmission problems, but won’t recall them, or help owners with them. I just spent $2,700 rebuilding the transmission with aftermarket heavy duty parts; the transmission shop says the Ford parts are garbage (Ford wanted $ 3000.00 with stock parts) Quality is Job one! Nice catchy slogan, too bad they don’t mean it. Can’t wait to get rid of it.

Great
By donny190 on 01/13/05 17:35 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I owned a 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel. It has lasted 13 years with me. It had 300,000 miles on it and was still going strong. But I needed a newer truck. Looked for months; couldn't find one until I found a F-250 Powerstroke diesel. I am getting around 18 mpg. It is great going back and forth from work. Rides great, feels sturdy and feels like it is always going to stay on the road. I didn't get the shift on the fly because I go offroad a lot and work in construction. The diesel engine runs great and has a lot of power and it is nice to have a turbo on the engine.