Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

My hard working F-250
By bigfeen

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is the BEST truck I have ever owned. It has a V-10 that has NEVER left me stranded! I love this truck and hate to get rid of it but it has over 300000 miles!

The ride and duribility

Better gas mileage

Super Tough Super Duty
By Riverrat57

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This truck pulls an 11,500 pound trailer - it has pulled it through the Appalachians, the Black Hills, and the Big Horn Mountains without any trouble whatsoever. It exudes power. It has been trouble free for 71,000 miles and has many many more trouble free miles left in it. What a great truck!

Power, styling, room, comfort - heck it even gets 17.5 mpg in daily driving which is city and highway mixed.

The ONLY trouble I've had with the truck are the front door actuators that pop the locks. At 4 years old they have given up the ghost and I will be replacing them this weekend. They should last longer than 4 years!

Terrific Truck
By Skip H

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck since May of 2001.I've never had any reliability issues and it does any thing I want to do.I pull a 26ft trailer all over the country and the power of the V10 is more than one really needs. The mileage isn't too bad for a truck of this size with a big engine,10mpg city and 16 to 18 on the road.

I like everything about the truck.

It's a pullin machine
By Steve Livingston

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for nearly 4 years, and have not had any reliability issues with it. It has pulled our 10,500 pound travel trailer from Georgia to Montana and Wyoming, and to Maine. It has always performed superbly. I get decent fuel mileage when not pulling - usually about 16-17 in town, but I do avoid all the lights. On the highway I have gotten anywhere from 18 to an incredible 27 mpg (that only happened once - usually the upper limit is 22mpg). Pulling the trailer it gets around 12mpg - except on 8% grades, where it drops about 2mpg. I wouldn't buy another one because I don't plan on ever getting rid of this one!

Room inside the cab front and back. Pulling power. Style.

The '05s have all the improvements I would have suggested. Am almost tempted to get one, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with this one!

Nice Truck
By Davydee

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Nice truck that has done what we ask of it. On par for America design & build quality. Towing (7.3L Diesel) we get 10-12 mpg; solo 16-19 mpg. Great traveling tow vehicle. Transmission still weak link if you're going to work the truck hard. Plan on needing additional transcooler.

Turbo diesel 6-CD in dash