2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
2001 F-250 Crew Lariat SB Pwr Stk NICE!
By Michael Meenan on 08/23/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Traded a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Quadbcab Cummins DSL for 2001 F-250 Crew Lariat 7.3 Powerstroke straight up. I am doing less masonry and more white collar stuff. Dodge was dynamic and strong, but loud and awkward for a father with 3 boys. Interior - Going from the Dodge to the Ford was like going from a closet to a living room. The Ford build quality and attention to detail is far superior to the Dodge. The Ford is quieter, more stable and seems better rooted to the road. Its like an SUV on steroids. Exterior - Ford's body lines are cleaner, the hinges tighter and the little things, like a light under the hood and a locking tailgate, are much appreciated. Very glad I made that trade!

My hard working F-250
By bigfeen on 05/27/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is the BEST truck I have ever owned. It has a V-10 that has NEVER left me stranded! I love this truck and hate to get rid of it but it has over 300000 miles!

Awesome Truck!
By swervin22 on 01/04/08 01:46 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this truck! I have been a Ford man for a really long time( 6th Ford truck) Interior is really nice, with tan leather, heated seats, lots of storage, and just roomy all around. Bought truck for hauling, and looking good while doing it. It accomplishes both with ease. I am not getting the best gas mileage right now, but i believe the transmission is a little worn out. Expected with a vehicle that has 129,000 miles on it! That is really my only complaint. Rides a lot nicer than i thought, being a vehicle with leaf springs up front. Love it!

"Ford" The Only Real Truck!
By Jim Powell on 12/28/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 7.3 PowerStroke. WHAT A POWERHOUSE! I pull a 9000lb. fifth wheel with about 2000 lbs in water, accessories and it doesn't even struggle. I have added an aftermarket air filter and also have a programmer for the computer. I don't need the extra power but when is enough,enough? This truck will light them up on all 4 wheels. 120+ extra hp. I'd like to get a hold of the 08' with the new 6.4L diesel. With 24,000lb. towing capacity you can make every home a mobile home.

Love my Ford
By westtxqueen on 11/03/06 07:52 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first BIG truck and I love it. We bought it used with around 70,000 miles on it and after the alternator went out the first week, we have had no problems whatsoever. It is awesome pulling a horse trailer and doesn't get bogged down for much. Love the way it handles and we actually get really good gas mileage, around 19 in town and 25 or better on the highway. It is not a 4x4 and have no aftermarket changes to it. I was raised a Chevy girl, but am so very impressed with my Ford. Maybe there is room out there for both. :o)

Bravo!
By Mark on 01/31/06 16:00 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle in every way. 12-13 mpg city/highway with 6.8L and 3:73 non limited slip rear. Best mileage at 16 mpg empty on open road at 60 mph. Motor has plenty of power and is good choice if diesel is not an option. Motor is strong at 97k, burns 1/3 to 1/2 quart between 4k oil changes. I will look to replace it with similar options. Thanks Ford!

What a woman thinks of her truck
By A. Robbins on 11/05/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I LOVE this Truck! It has been a much better experience than the two Toyotas, a Ford F-150 or the two Dodge trucks I've owned. It is a V-10 and I have very few complaints about it. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a heavy duty truck. A lot of people ask why I drive such a large truck, and I must reply that I never have to ask anyone to help me move something or go to the dump with yard waste.

Super Tough Super Duty
By Riverrat57 on 05/16/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This truck pulls an 11,500 pound trailer - it has pulled it through the Appalachians, the Black Hills, and the Big Horn Mountains without any trouble whatsoever. It exudes power. It has been trouble free for 71,000 miles and has many many more trouble free miles left in it. What a great truck!

Terrific Truck
By Skip H on 11/27/04 14:15 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck since May of 2001.I've never had any reliability issues and it does any thing I want to do.I pull a 26ft trailer all over the country and the power of the V10 is more than one really needs. The mileage isn't too bad for a truck of this size with a big engine,10mpg city and 16 to 18 on the road.

Biggest truck I'll ever need
By Tony1790 on 11/27/04 06:33 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for over 3 yrs now and so far the only problems that I've had are a bad COP and I've had to have the 4x4 hubs replaced under warranty. I've heard problems with the tranny and spark plugs but thus far have not had any of those problems.