Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2001 F-250 Crew Lariat SB Pwr Stk NICE!
By Michael Meenan

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Traded a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Quadbcab Cummins DSL for 2001 F-250 Crew Lariat 7.3 Powerstroke straight up. I am doing less masonry and more white collar stuff. Dodge was dynamic and strong, but loud and awkward for a father with 3 boys. Interior - Going from the Dodge to the Ford was like going from a closet to a living room. The Ford build quality and attention to detail is far superior to the Dodge. The Ford is quieter, more stable and seems better rooted to the road. Its like an SUV on steroids. Exterior - Ford's body lines are cleaner, the hinges tighter and the little things, like a light under the hood and a locking tailgate, are much appreciated. Very glad I made that trade!

7.3 Powerstroke; Road handling, smoother ride. Interior appointments and ergonomics; handy storage compartment behind rear seat; quality radio, c/d, cassette; back seats that easily accommodate adults.

None. Ford never should have abandoned the 7.3 Liter Powerstroke. If you can find one, grab it!

My hard working F-250
By bigfeen

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is the BEST truck I have ever owned. It has a V-10 that has NEVER left me stranded! I love this truck and hate to get rid of it but it has over 300000 miles!

The ride and duribility

Better gas mileage

Awesome Truck!
By swervin22

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this truck! I have been a Ford man for a really long time( 6th Ford truck) Interior is really nice, with tan leather, heated seats, lots of storage, and just roomy all around. Bought truck for hauling, and looking good while doing it. It accomplishes both with ease. I am not getting the best gas mileage right now, but i believe the transmission is a little worn out. Expected with a vehicle that has 129,000 miles on it! That is really my only complaint. Rides a lot nicer than i thought, being a vehicle with leaf springs up front. Love it!

Heated leather seats. Big, commanding view of road, anything else within view! Ability to do whatever I need it to!

Take my engine out for a diesel! Really wanted a diesel, but cant really afford the extra 3-4 grand premium, plus diesel fuel prices arent looking too pretty right now!

"Ford" The Only Real Truck!
By Jim Powell

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 7.3 PowerStroke. WHAT A POWERHOUSE! I pull a 9000lb. fifth wheel with about 2000 lbs in water, accessories and it doesn't even struggle. I have added an aftermarket air filter and also have a programmer for the computer. I don't need the extra power but when is enough,enough? This truck will light them up on all 4 wheels. 120+ extra hp. I'd like to get a hold of the 08' with the new 6.4L diesel. With 24,000lb. towing capacity you can make every home a mobile home.

Where do I start? Everything! It's a beast!

Lower price but I guess you get what you pay for.

Love my Ford
By westtxqueen

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first BIG truck and I love it. We bought it used with around 70,000 miles on it and after the alternator went out the first week, we have had no problems whatsoever. It is awesome pulling a horse trailer and doesn't get bogged down for much. Love the way it handles and we actually get really good gas mileage, around 19 in town and 25 or better on the highway. It is not a 4x4 and have no aftermarket changes to it. I was raised a Chevy girl, but am so very impressed with my Ford. Maybe there is room out there for both. :o)

I love the power of the diesel engine, I was always told that Dodge diesels were the way to go and I do enjoy the ones I have driven, but I wouldn't turn away a Ford.

The radio is kind of funky sometimes. I am sure though that they have changed any problems with that aspect of it.