2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Best Truck Ever with exceptions...
By Awesome Truck on 04/10/10 20:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Lariat, leather, 4x4, V-10, bucket power seats, power everything for that matter, HUGE...needed a megaphone to talk to the people riding with me I had so much room! This truck is the best truck I have ever owned. I am 6'5", 300 lbs. I have 56" shoulders. I have never ridden in another vehicle that I could actually feel comfortable. 12,000 lb trailer, no problem. Missing a gas station. HUGE problem. I live in -20 to -30 below temps. Warm up, 4x4, terrible gas mileage, 4-6 mpg for the winter. Up to 17.3 mpg at 60 on cruise and wind behind me going downhill.

Super Duty
By Ron B. on 11/01/09 15:30 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I am a Ford Truck person with having several over the years. the problem I have with them living in SW pa. is the RUST. The wheel lips on the bed have always been a area of concern. With this 250 I park it in a garage and keep it clean but it didn't make a difference. the only option is to buy a southern bed or get rid of the truck. My next move is to move to the F-350 diesel. I presently use this truck to move a 6600 lb skid steer and with the 5.4 it is a dog on any grade. I am happy that the mech. part has given me no problems but I think a heaver truck will satisify my req. I will buy another FORD

2001 F-250 Crew Lariat SB Pwr Stk NICE!
By Michael Meenan on 08/23/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Traded a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Quadbcab Cummins DSL for 2001 F-250 Crew Lariat 7.3 Powerstroke straight up. I am doing less masonry and more white collar stuff. Dodge was dynamic and strong, but loud and awkward for a father with 3 boys. Interior - Going from the Dodge to the Ford was like going from a closet to a living room. The Ford build quality and attention to detail is far superior to the Dodge. The Ford is quieter, more stable and seems better rooted to the road. Its like an SUV on steroids. Exterior - Ford's body lines are cleaner, the hinges tighter and the little things, like a light under the hood and a locking tailgate, are much appreciated. Very glad I made that trade!

Spark plug blowouts
By Thomas on 07/23/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

The 5.4 Triton V-8 and the V-10 are blowing out spark plugs thru out the USA. If you google this problem you will find out there are only 3 threads for the spark plug to grip to and the heads are aluminum. Sorry no fix as a heli-coil is made of steel and it heats up ar a different temperature than aluminum, then the heli-coil also blows out. This happens on Ford super duty trucks from 1999 thru 2005, Be careful not to purchase this poorly engineered garbage. Dont believe me? Google it! ~!!

My hard working F-250
By bigfeen on 05/27/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This is the BEST truck I have ever owned. It has a V-10 that has NEVER left me stranded! I love this truck and hate to get rid of it but it has over 300000 miles!

Awesome Truck!
By swervin22 on 01/04/08 01:46 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this truck! I have been a Ford man for a really long time( 6th Ford truck) Interior is really nice, with tan leather, heated seats, lots of storage, and just roomy all around. Bought truck for hauling, and looking good while doing it. It accomplishes both with ease. I am not getting the best gas mileage right now, but i believe the transmission is a little worn out. Expected with a vehicle that has 129,000 miles on it! That is really my only complaint. Rides a lot nicer than i thought, being a vehicle with leaf springs up front. Love it!

Great truck but poor build
By khudo on 12/10/07 20:06 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Original owner. I love the color the ride every thing. At 20000 miles the tires crap out. They put cheap tires on to keep the price down. At fifty thousand the front end goes out. $3000 dollars worth. This is after a trip to Indiana from Iowa on interstate going 80 mph. Now keep in mind this heavey duty truck has never worked a day in its life. About two weeks later the tranny just quit. Guess what? Warranty never covered a thing. Now there has been some small stuff too but all in all I feel an expensive truck for the way I drive and use it. Now at 100000 front end and tranny need replaced again. I traded in 1984 Chevy. I'm going back to Chevy. Last thing 14.5 mpg every time.

Love my Ford
By al frisina on 06/07/07 08:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This Ford truck is the best one I have owned. It is comfortable to drive, especially when towing. I use it to tow a 30' Kountry Starr 5th. wheel and you never know it is back there. I have been getting about 9.0 to 10.0 miles/gal. towing and 15 to 16.5 not towing.

Powerstroke 6 speed
By crazycorkath on 02/20/07 16:50 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

So far I am very pleased with my truck. It gets reasonable fuel mileage- -20 mpg highway and 17 to 18 mpg around town if I drive conservatively. I have taken several long trips in it and the captain chairs are very comfortable. The 6 speed detracts from the fun of driving it. The only problem I had was with the hydraulic clutch assembly, which my son replaced. Right now I am having a problem with the door locks, but apparently that is not uncommon.

Great Truck
By roger on 02/05/07 00:14 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Had a $40 part go out of my tranny at 57,000 miles. That was the only problem I have had mechanically. Mileage is 7-10 mpg in the winter and 11- 15 in the summer for combined highway and city. I have the V-10. Lots of power and the Lariat heated leather seats are amazing. I am 6'5" and have room to spare. Very nice.

1 2 3 4 5 next »