2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: The Beast

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty

The Beast
By Mike Woodside on

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Hardest working truck I ever owned. In 7 yrs and 150,000 miles the only repairs, out side of standard service items, were ball joints, 4 spark plugs blowing out of the head and the front left universal froze. The the 5.4 has pulled over 8,000# with barely a whimper. In the hills of western PA that is a real job. I have pulled trees,traveled to the bowles of earth and traveled to 1/2 of the States with it and always made it home. I blame the spark plug problem on the mechenic that did the plug change. I tapped and inserted heli-coils in the bad holes and had no furthed problems. I replaced all the plugs my self at 140,000 and have not had further problems. So I am sure he did something wrong.

Power, power and power to spair. My heaviest weighed load was 14,700 ( truck, trailed and scrap). Truck handled great, pulled great and stopped great. The 4 wheel disk brakes are awsome, the original pads lasted 96,000 mi.

Remove the hump in the floor under the drivers left foot. (just under the e- brake) Increase the gas milage, I do understand you must feed horses more than ponies, but I do not think 17- 19mpg empty is to much to ask.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review