Used 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

'99 F-250 X-Cab XLT 4x4 long box w/ V10
By ranger235

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is one GREAT truck - sharp looking and tons of power. That V10 just screams - NO problems hauling a loaded stock trailer up hills doing 60. Mileage is better than expected at ~16 mpg. Interior is nicer than my living room - and cleaner! Built solid and drives solid.

Favorite Features

V10 POWER! Hauls better than any other truck I've had - fantastic interior, power windows stay powered after ignition is off, center console/arm rest has tons of storage.

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint I have is the seatbelts really do stink.

a man's truck that women like to drive
By kpen

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It's been the best truck we have ever own of all of them (dodge,chevy,ford) we bought it to pull a 34' 5th wheel trailer (did great). only dislike is it's too front heavy with the diesel to drive on the beach. so we're down sizing to a smaller truck

Favorite Features

roomy cab, comfortable seats, hauling capability, dependable

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders

Great Truck
By tattooed won-der

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

this is alot of truck for the buck, it sure does drive nice and has the capacity to perform!

Favorite Features

4X4 and its looks

Suggested Improvements

none

Make Sure You Need A Real Truck!
By Matt Mead

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Very capable truck for hauling and towing. Ride is rough due to leaf spring suspension and steering feel is numb. If you don't need 3/4-1 ton capacity, you will be happier with the ride, performance and comfort of an 150. Overall gas mileage has been excellent for a truck this size with a range of 11-14 mpg. I recommend not getting the 4.3 gears unless you tow heavy. 3.73s are a better all around choice. (I've got the 4.3s.) I'd steer clear of the manual trans as they are noisey and slow shifting. (Yes, I've got one.)

Favorite Features

V-10 engine. Plenty of power and great mileage (for its size).

Suggested Improvements

Better steering feel and softer ride.

F250 Larait - All around great truck
By Don Cochron

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck with 35,000 miles on it and I have never had a any trouble with it whatsoever. This truck is very stable on the highway. I use this truck both as an off road and highway vehicle. I have a farm which makes it necessary to get this truck in a soft muddy barn yard as well as the fields using 4WD. I also have pulled heavy fertilizer spreaders up steep grades with this truck on the highway. The Triton engine performed far better than I expected. The fuel compsupmtion is a little high at about 12 to 15 mpg, but, with this big engine that's to be expected. I would buy this truck again in a heartbeat!

Favorite Features

4WD, comfortable interior, large bed, solid automatic transmission, Triton V10 engine, solidly built, road handling, easy to maneuver in traffic and tight places.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belts are a little awkward to get to (must reach behind you to get)and do not retract smothly when removed. Lengthen running board to make it easier to reach items in the bed.