1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
New Experience
By Shawn on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Just bought 3 days ago and have added 100 miles to the odometer (almost to 40K now). Has 5.4 with a manual trans. Trans has problem with second gear that seems to be a ford trait (had same problems in a 76 and 79). Double clutching gets rid of the grind problem. Wife enjoys the ride and drive.

I love my truck
By djunkins on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is the last truck I will ever own, because I will never need another one. In fact, I'll likely pass it and the RV it pulls down to my children.I am absolutely pleased with its performance, reliability and capability. Although initial cost is pretty high for the diesel, operating costs are not that great, and the added versatility and towing capacity make up for it. This truck does everything I need it to do.

King of the road
By Scott in Orlando on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought used at 106K miles but truck was very clean. Now have 118K and no problems so far. Very nice to drive but be careful when you sip your coffee! Very solid ride but seats are excellent for comfort. Used as a daily commuter and feel safe in traffic. The transmission bangs into each gear with nice positive feel. The 5.4 engine has a rap when starting cold and startled me first few times but was told by other owners theirs make same noise. Whatever it is, the performance is not affected and it does disappear within minutes. Overall, I love the truck and would recommend without question.

Great truck!
By mccdon1 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck. Fun to drive, except parking in some parking lots. No problems yet. Don't work it very hard, I just wanted a durable truck.

Solid Cruiser
By College Boy on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought my 5.4 with 98k miles and have close to 117K after 8 months. Used as a daily driver and love the firm ride and safety. No problems so far and seems very solid. The 14mpg is a little rough but worth the tradeoff. Pulls an 18 ft loaded car trailer with ease. I have the xtended cab/longbed so can be a mother in the turning radius dept. Went thru a Taco Bell drive thru and had to drive over the curb and into the flowers when leaving.

250 super duty
By yojak on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB