1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews 2

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Ford F250 superduty Powerstroke
By Jenn on 08/21/07 19:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is my son's truck and I love to drive it. Its awesome, 6 speed manual transmission, 4-Wheel drive, its one Tough truck. It gets around 18 mpg. And its used for work, he is always pulling something with it. He puts that truck through a test daily. Even my brother who is a mechanic loves the truck, he said that truck has some pulling power.This truck has even pulled a Dodge backwards that had a Cummins in it.

'99 F-250 X-Cab XLT 4x4 long box w/ V10
By ranger235 on 07/26/05 17:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is one GREAT truck - sharp looking and tons of power. That V10 just screams - NO problems hauling a loaded stock trailer up hills doing 60. Mileage is better than expected at ~16 mpg. Interior is nicer than my living room - and cleaner! Built solid and drives solid.

F-350 Superduty (freight train)
By DURT E TOY on 05/22/05 17:16 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I have had a very good experiance with my Ford F-350 Superduty 7.3 liter diesel. It has a full box and 4 doors making it very long, but for hauling 5th wheel trailers it works flawlessly. Empty I get 18 mpg; with a 15,000 lb. trailer 10 mpg; with a 30,000 lb. trailer 5-7 mpg (yes we have pulled 30k lb. trailer several times, once even a truck plus trailer weight of about 39,000 lb.). One problem with its own weight being almost 8,000 lb. empty, if you ever leave solid road surfaces you will need 4WD. All around though I would say it is an amazing truck that redefined the pick-up-truck.

More solid than a Rock
By ClarkO66 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

Great Truck, value, tough.

a man's truck that women like to drive
By kpen on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It's been the best truck we have ever own of all of them (dodge,chevy,ford) we bought it to pull a 34' 5th wheel trailer (did great). only dislike is it's too front heavy with the diesel to drive on the beach. so we're down sizing to a smaller truck

Diesel 250
By citadel_87 on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB

Great truck needs larger front brakes and a large fuel tank. Awesome truck with plenty of power.

1999 F250 C/C,4x4, V10
By 362 on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

Great truck, the only complaint is 10mpg. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the nice and quiet V10, and added front and rear replacement bumpers, toolbox and 35" BFG mud tires. Pulls trailers "ok", not to good on hills. But overall is a great and reliable truck.

Great Truck
By tattooed won-der on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

this is alot of truck for the buck, it sure does drive nice and has the capacity to perform!

Make Sure You Need A Real Truck!
By Matt Mead on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Very capable truck for hauling and towing. Ride is rough due to leaf spring suspension and steering feel is numb. If you don't need 3/4-1 ton capacity, you will be happier with the ride, performance and comfort of an 150. Overall gas mileage has been excellent for a truck this size with a range of 11-14 mpg. I recommend not getting the 4.3 gears unless you tow heavy. 3.73s are a better all around choice. (I've got the 4.3s.) I'd steer clear of the manual trans as they are noisey and slow shifting. (Yes, I've got one.)

For a BIG truck... can't beat it!
By matt123456 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

It pulls, climbs and gets you there safely. Other trucks try, this one does. The diesel engine is just being broke in at 100,000 miles. Very low maintanance if you service it regularly.