2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Overpriced
By JPW

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

MPG overstated, by quite a bit. This truck will never reach over 14 MPG. Ever. Door seals falling out before the first oil change. Carpet in the cab pulling up for no reason. Transmission unresponsive, any acceleration requires a downshift. Maybe 2 downshifts. Incredibly under powered. Auto-kill very dangerous at intersections, unresponsive or delayed. This truck is not only poorly engineered and built, but dangerous. The sync "tech" is 5-10 years behind. It does not even have simple navigation. It's as if the "tech" was an afterthought. Generally clumsy and awkward to drive. Almost impossible to park in an urban setting. Wholly impractical. It doesn't seem like Ford invested a lot in the engineering of this truck. Cost driven up to unreasonable amounts due to American unions. A $20K truck, sold for over $50K. I would suggest a Ram truck instead.

LOVE My New Truck
By Berlyn R.

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Let me just say that I grew up in a Chevy household and I previously owned and loved my Ram. When it came time to replace my 00 Ram 1500 I was positive that I would be buying a new Ram truck. My husband convinced me to drive the new F150. I found both an F150 and the Ram 1500 online at my local dealers, both had comparable options and pricing and I scheduled the test drives for the same night. At the end of the night my mind was easily made up. I went back the next day and bought the Ford F150 Lariat FX4. I am in LOVE with this truck. The quality of the interior is superior, the handling is amazing, both when I am towing and when I'm not. The cab is super quiet, the ride is great, especially for a truck and it drives like a truck. I like that. It does not drive like some oversized car. I have the 2.7l V6, and gas mileage is better then I expected. I get about 15-16 mixed driving and 19-20 highway. I live in Southern California where we base travel on time not distance, because traffic here sucks, so I'm pretty impressed. LOL! The truck has enough power to get out of its own way, nice acceleration getting on the highway, but handy enough to mange the traffic and get in and out of the parking garages. I purchased the Super-Crew Cab and there is more then enough room in the back for my 6'4" son. The back seat floor is flat, so when you fold the seats up you have a ton of room to transport items that you might not want to toss in the bed. I have the 501A package and all the options included in that are fantastic. I love the remote start and keyless entry. I did have the dealer install running boards. Even as tall as I am (5'9"), I didn't want to break down the edge of the drivers seat climbing in and out. Overall I love this truck and would recommend to anyone looking for a new vehicle.

Died after 300 miles
By Disappointed

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the truck brand new and after 8 days and 300 miles, the engine died. Yes, died. Unbelievable! We liked the truck when it ran. Unfortunately, it didn't run for very long. You would think Ford would replace the truck. At this point, they have had the truck as long as I have.

Always been a Tacoma guy......... but THIS.
By SMT

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just Wow. Never bought a Ford truck before. $10,000 in rebates knocked down the 2016 F150 to 40,000. Nice Tacomas are $34-39,000. Just yuck for a small truck. And I love Tacomas. This Ruby red, ELT, 4x4, high end tow package, Nav, power/heated seats, 4 wheel discs, 3.5 TWIN TURBO, 365HP, 410 FPT, is just an amazing, beautiful truck. I call her "Big Sexy." The brand-new, huge, Clarksville TN dealership is unreal and they don't play. Always want to make a deal and make the customer happy. Bought it Saturday and have zero regrets. I did not want the leather, center console (I can seat six), or sunroof. The cloth seats are thick and firm with lumbar. It still came with a locker and the crazy Ford trailer backup feature. I only added on the flipping modular tonneau cover which locks into the rails, comes with drain tubes so your stuff doesn't get wet, and is secure for your cargo because the tailgate in this baby locks. It was $1100. I looked it up online and suppliers sell a similar one for 1800-2000. My wife and daughter both easily drove it because it came with running boards, the seats can move WAY up, and the pedals can also move electronically front or back.

I really like my 2016 xlt sport screw 3.5 eb
By Todd vernon

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great truck in and out, I have the 302 a package. My only cons are the crappy halogen headlights, and lack of a sub in 50k window sticker truck!