2014 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I'm LOVING IT!
By Debbie Cha

2014 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have NEVER been a fan of FORD.......EVER! This is my first truck. I bought my 2014 truck last year in February (2015) and have had it for a whole year and I can't say enough on how the handling is and how reliable it is. I LOVE the space in the back...........all the things you can imagine I have done.....LOL! J/K The drive is great, although it can use a handle on the driver side, too, to get in. I have four kids all under the age of 12 and they definitely love sitting in the back. It tows my jet skis and my travel trailer just fine. No problems yet with the engine as with any new car, but I will definitely be back on this sight to rate it again in five years. ;-)

Hell of a truck!
By John

2014 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck brand new in November of 2014. It was a little spontaneous, but my finances were in order and dealerships were running Black Friday ads featuring very aggressive deals. I assume this was because the all new 2015 aluminum bodies were on their way. Ended up purchasing a $38k for a little over $27k, a deal I could not pass up. I opted for the 3.7L V6 (the non-ecoboost engine.) Honestly, just driving it I would swear there was a V8 under the hood if I didn't know any better. In terms of speed and horsepower, it matches the old 5.4 and outperforms the old 4.6, 302, or 351w. It does lag behind all of these engines in terms of torque, but I don't ever tow anything. If I did, it would be well under its 6,700lb rating. The 5.0 or 3.5 Ecoboost is for towing loads up to 11,000lbs. I have loaded up the bed with some heavy cargo (moving furniture, lumber, etc.) and didn't notice any difference in engine performance. This truck is more than capable. So the tradeoff for a little less towing capacity should be fuel economy. I have to be honest I was a little disappointed at first here. Initially, I was only getting 14mpg in mostly city driving, well under the EPA estimated 16mpg for city. However, I learned that brand new engines are programmed to burn more fuel during break in. After I crossed about the 8,000 mile mark, my city mileage has improved to about 15.5mpg, but would likely be better if my commute to work weren't so short. In actual trips across town I'm getting about 16.5 to 17mpg. I've taken a few trips with this truck as well, and my all highway trip from Omaha to Kansas City got me 21mpg. I think this is pretty good for such a large vehicle, but there's still much room for future improvement here. I absolutely love driving this truck! We got hit by a couple of snow storms this past winter and the 4x4 made that a non-issue. Acceleration is great for a V6 (I can usually keep the RPM's at or below 2,000 RPM for acceleration which should help with engine longevity) Transmission shifts great, doesn't jerk or do anything else annoying as sometimes happens with other cars. Again, this should help with reliability and longevity. Steering and braking are where they need to be. Really enjoy the SYNC system! Always have my iPod hooked up. Only frustration is that sometimes the voice command misunderstands what track I want played, but it's 90% effective. I rarely talk on the phone, but when I do its really convenient having the system automatically stop the music and let me talk hands-free. The sound system could use some improvement. It is weak, but I plan on making some aftermarket adjustments to fix this. Unless you need a truck for some serious towing over 7,000lbs, this truck will do everything you need it to and should be reliable for years to come!

Actually a SuperCab xlt, option not available
By blackhillsron

2014 Ford F-150 Regular Cab FX4 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow, the 3.5 Ecoboost puts the fun back in the F150, pulls like a diesel, quiet as a mouse, smooth as silk, and the fuel mileage ain't bad either. Brought it home from the dealership this afternoon and might have to spend the night in it to. I pulled some mountains on the way home and with less than 50 miles on it and being as careful as I could, this baby wanted to pull. I can't wait to hook up a camper and meet the competition going over the passes and it's only a 6, must be something magically going on here, thanks Ford, had almost given up on you.

Still can't get over the 3.5 Ecoboost, others will come along when I am use to that.

Body but I guess that is being improved on in 2015 so will have to wait for a trade in three years or so.

• SUV