2013 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Great Mileage

2013 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

2013 Ford F-150

XLT SuperCab (3.7L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Great Mileage
By solarspinniker on

2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After driving for a couple of months I really like this truck. Already get better gas mileage then the 08 explorer. Got the 20 inch wheels, chrome and trailer towing package. Cold weather does effect the mpg but am getting 24 mpg highway (USA) and hope to get the gov rated 27 mpg by the time I get to Texas. By losing the pounds of the eco charger and 4x4 I can get great city mileage even with my wife onboard! Only complaint I have is when my dog gets out on my side he turns the heat and fan to full because the knobs have such a good grip.
Update 2016/5/5
When I bought the vehicle it came with a tonneau cover and twenty inch wheels - I added back wheel liners which are not included = go figure!
Wind and temperature effects mileage. In cold weather with a headwind I get 23 to 25 mpg highway. In warm weather with a tailwind I get 25 to 30 mpg. Get 25 mpg driving 2000 miles Canada to RGV Texas at 70 mph in spring and fall. Speed from 55 to 75 mph will vary mpg by 1.5 gallons. City is 18 to 22 mpg depending on the temperature.

• Outward visibility
  • Rain snow traction
  • Headlights

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review