2013 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Love my new Ecoboost! FX4 w/ma

2013 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

FX4 SuperCrew (5.0L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Love my new Ecoboost! FX4 w/max tow pgk
By falconpike on

2013 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

They didn't have an option for 3.5L Ecoboost FX4. I just got done towing a 28ft 8,000lb trailer to Yosemite National Park and it pulled it with no issues, turbo lag or trouble getting up 7%+ grade hills. I had a 2010 with the 5.4ltr v8 and it had trouble pulling the travel trailer even with the 3.73gears. In towing I got average of 12.5mpg. I usually get 15.5 in city and upper teens for hwy but I work in a hilly area so I'm getting better then I expected. I was a little worried about the Ecoboost reviews from the '11 & '12' models but looks like they worked out the kinks for '13 but I leased the truck just in case. If you need a truck that can tow alot & get v6 mpg's, this is the truck!

Better mpg's the my 2010 V8 F-150 FX4 & tows a lot more but doesn't feel like it. The Bluetooth has improved and people tell me that they can't tell if I'm holding the phone or calling through the truck. Love the hid headlights and the F-150 in the lights. I really like the auto start, esp when its cold outside. I like they finally put one touch up/down windows for driver & passenger, wish they did it for all 4 windows like in my Lexus. Heck, I wish Ford service treated me as good as Lexus does. Love the led display on the driver console that tells you how the truck is performing. Can't wait to see the next generation F-150's in 2015.

Who doesn't want better mpg's but I know its a truck. I really miss the audiophile system that my 2004 F-150 had. This Sony doesn't hit a hard and when pushed you hear feedback in the sub. Back-up camera isn't as good. I have a fuzzy picture but service dept said this is a normal. The ac seats don't cool very quick and the ac takes a bit to cool the cabin with its hot outside unlike Toyota/Lexus that when you set to freezing your cold quick. Wish the truck came leveled from the factory without me having to add the two inch kit onto it. I would buy this truck again. Made in America by Americans w/out bailout money!