2013 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Best 5.0 V8 Pickup ever

2013 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

FX4 SuperCrew (5.0L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Best 5.0 V8 Pickup ever
By peureux79 on

2013 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I don't have the ecoboost, I have the 5.0 V8; but it's not an option on this form. The ecoboost is truly amazing, but has a limit on it's high end and tends to just thrash. The 5.0 is in my eyes even more amazing. From 0 - 110 it's just pulling and tugging with an aggressive roar. Love the seats, Sony Subwoofer, sunroof, and Navi. Touch screen and auto start logic are great, with auto handling of defrosters and seat temperatures.

auto start intelligent computers (climate control, defrost) Seat memory that includes pedal distance from column Towing capacity... again, amazing. ability to stream music from my iphone over USB or BlueTooth. Sync has gotten SO much better, I love using it.

The computer that runs SYNC is a bit dated and slow. It's easy to confuse the navigation if I try to verbally enter a stop over in my route. Pushing buttons will make the acknowledgment sound sometimes, but the screen will not reflect your change for 10 seconds or so. I LOVE the V8, but my actual MPG on Ethanol 85 is 12-13. Not terrible as it's not gas, but it's mile for dollar just as expensive to drive.