Very nice truck, 3.7 best suited for light-medium duty
By digitalekg on
2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
This is my company vehicle which I will put 50k miles on per year. It's a comfortable place to be, I drive long distances, and the 3.7L V6 is powerful enough if you don't haul heavy stuff. I get 17-18 mpg overall, I know the EPA highway figure is 23, and I have never come close. The steering, brakes, and ride are quite good. It is a quiet cab which my sleeping baby boy likes. It has a commanding view and no real blind spots. Overall it is a very nice vehicle but if I were buying it for myself I would get the ecoboost V6. I would recommend this truck to a friend.
Favorite Features
The Sync system is nice and has some good connectivity even if it can be a bit clumsy some times. The bluetooth audio streaming and sync apps are great! The manual mode on the transmission is great, it will hold the gears as you wish, it will not override your selection. The trip computer is pretty slick, and pretty precise too. The seats are comfortable. The non turbo V6 may not be fast, but holy cow will it rev.. I've seen it shift at 6800 rpm!
Suggested Improvements
Why do I have to re-select my Bluetooth device every time I turn the car off for audio use? Sync is cool but there are definitely some bugs. Sometimes the system will freeze up and need to be turned off, annoying. The transmission sometimes seems a bit slushy but not overly so. Another USB outlet would be nice, as well as a 3rd power point. I have computers, GPS, phones, radar detector that all need to be hooked up.