Very Happy With Purchase
By rjd707 on
2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)
Love my truck! I just got a 2013 XLT 5.0 V8 and love driving it. I test drove all the other trucks in this class and to me, the F150 felt the most solid and drove the best. Even the RAM, which seems to be the reviewer's car of the month that they are gushing over didn't come close to having that commanding feeling that I got in the 150. Silverado didn't come close. Toyota tundra would have been my second choice, as it was a couple grand cheaper. I wanted eco boost, but went with the V8. Have friend who bought eco boost and the turbo shut down in damp weather on the expressway..seems to be an issue that government is finally looking into....a lot of complaints about it. Still love the 8
Favorite Features
The engine and transmission...so smooth and powerful. Has great pick up. I put on a tonnau cover, not sure if it makes a difference, but I was getting about 17.5 - 18 city and 19 on Highway. My wife's 6 Cyl Toyota Highlander gets a little more than that, so given the power this beast puts out, I'm happy with it. Love the tailgate step. Great idea! I'm not a 20 year old kid any more...I can use the help.
Suggested Improvements
Rear visibility isn't so great. I had to remove the headrests from the back seats.
By todd1967
on 05/17/14 22:53 PM (PDT)

Loved my 2012 FX4 With the 5.0; lots of power and the fuel mileage was between 17.6-18 MPG. Had test driven the ECO Boost and was not impressed at all. My new 2014 has the 5.0 and is averaging 19.1. Ford has definetly got the upper edge!!!!