2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Buy a Tundra or RAM
By andywx127 on 12/20/14 17:47 PM (PST)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I really like our Fusion and so I thought I give the F-150 a chance. I liked the way it drove and some of the options and decided to buy it. After my first two months of ownership, I've had one recall, a driveshaft vibration and the gas gauge is all over the place. The Ford's suspension absorbs bumps better than my old Tundra but the Ford tranny hunts more often than the bulletproof Tundra driveline and the 5.0L is no match for Toyota's 5.7L. It's these initial quality issues with Ford that drive buyers crazy. Ford's F-150 division still doesn't get the importance of initial quality. I'm forced to suck it up and keep this truck for a few years until I can buy another Tundra!

'13 XLT SuperCrew, 5.6' Bed, 3.5L turbo Ecoboost, OUTSTANDING
By atwowheelguy on 09/22/14 17:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

'13 XLT SuperCrew, 5.6' short bed, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.55 axle, tow package (not Max Tow), 2WD Purchased new 3/13. 40k miles in 19 months. 18.6 Total mpg so far, including over 10K miles towing a trailer. 24.4 mpg Hwy 17-19 mpg City 16 mpg Towing 6x14 enclosed trailer with GCVW of 9,800# (From GA to and through CO and back, twice, 9000 miles), 12.5 mpg Towing 27' RV toy hauler camper GCVW of 12,900# Power is outstanding while towing. Lots of torque at low rpms, nice and quiet and comfy. Only repair was resurfacing front brake rotors. NO intercooler problems. I am on a 5K mile oil change interval with the Motorcraft Semi-Syn.

Ecoboost blues
By linkdevon on 08/19/14 17:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Limited 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Worst. Truck. Ever! I'm on my SECOND, Ford bought back my first F150 because of issues with the engine "misfire" and "stumble" They can't fix these things! Mine has had numerous updates, reflashes, parts changed, and yet it still suffers from hesitations. I'm also having problems with Sync, the A/C, and recently a driveline vibration and pulling to the right. Top it off with poor fuel economy nowhere near what Ford advertises! The final straw was results from a oil analysis, Other Ecoboost owners are having very high fuel dilution in their oil, mine is no different. I doubt these engines will live much past 100,000 miles.

My first and last Ford truck
By chiefsss on 07/16/14 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

'13 F-150 Crew 4X4 Eco-boost V6, all at 15K service: The rotors had to be turned due to vibration on braking. After never hitting anything that would cause the alignment to be out of spec, the alignment cost me nearly $500 (for a camber kit installation) because the factory equip. could not be adjusted to the proper correction. Driver outside door handle must be replaced - have to pull twice to open. Driver door molding/seal replaced A/C not cold in hot weather. SYNC sucks Occasional power hesitation on start from stop-sign Various rattles within the cabin Heat-recirc. turns off after 5 min in winter

Expensive Tires
By mncm_retired on 03/24/14 18:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

With less than 14000 miles on the vehicle I noticed both front tires were wearing out on the outside edges only. I told them that I wanted the camber checked. I took it to my dealer and the told me that my tires were under inflated. I pointed out that under inflation would wear out both inside and outside edges not just one. They told me that the tire settings were okay and there wasn't a problem. I can't afford to spend nearly $500 every 15000 miles for two new tires. Please be careful when buying this truck because it can get expensive real quick for things that should not wear out quickly.

Very Happy With Purchase
By rjd707 on 09/24/13 19:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love my truck! I just got a 2013 XLT 5.0 V8 and love driving it. I test drove all the other trucks in this class and to me, the F150 felt the most solid and drove the best. Even the RAM, which seems to be the reviewer's car of the month that they are gushing over didn't come close to having that commanding feeling that I got in the 150. Silverado didn't come close. Toyota tundra would have been my second choice, as it was a couple grand cheaper. I wanted eco boost, but went with the V8. Have friend who bought eco boost and the turbo shut down in damp weather on the expressway..seems to be an issue that government is finally looking into....a lot of complaints about it. Still love the 8

My Ford Touch Misses The Mark
By surfisher on 06/25/13 05:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, the truck is very nice. Ford Engineering took some steps to try and make the 2013 F150 a better truck. While some of these areas were improved, others were over engineered and missed the mark.

Love my new Ecoboost! FX4 w/max tow pgk
By falconpike on 06/24/13 19:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

They didn't have an option for 3.5L Ecoboost FX4. I just got done towing a 28ft 8,000lb trailer to Yosemite National Park and it pulled it with no issues, turbo lag or trouble getting up 7%+ grade hills. I had a 2010 with the 5.4ltr v8 and it had trouble pulling the travel trailer even with the 3.73gears. In towing I got average of 12.5mpg. I usually get 15.5 in city and upper teens for hwy but I work in a hilly area so I'm getting better then I expected. I was a little worried about the Ecoboost reviews from the '11 & '12' models but looks like they worked out the kinks for '13 but I leased the truck just in case. If you need a truck that can tow alot & get v6 mpg's, this is the truck!

Best 5.0 V8 Pickup ever
By peureux79 on 01/22/13 13:25 PM (PST)

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I don't have the ecoboost, I have the 5.0 V8; but it's not an option on this form. The ecoboost is truly amazing, but has a limit on it's high end and tends to just thrash. The 5.0 is in my eyes even more amazing. From 0 - 110 it's just pulling and tugging with an aggressive roar. Love the seats, Sony Subwoofer, sunroof, and Navi. Touch screen and auto start logic are great, with auto handling of defrosters and seat temperatures.