Used 2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Upgraded from a Yaris
By daf62757

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I had a Yaris and wanted something with more room and comfortable. I really wanted a new 2015 with the aluminum body but the price was going to be more than a house so a used lariat was my trade off in cost and feathers. The truck is near perfect. I wish it had come with Navigation but another trade off for price. The brakes are my main complaint. They make a humming noise when braking in a turn and while it is still under original warranty, I haven't had the time to bring the truck in for a look. I would have gotten a Tundra but they don't make many 4.6L engines anymore and I didn't want a 5.7. So overall, a great truck and mine for the next 10+ years.

Comfortable leather seats, Voice commands to the My Sync,.

Gas mileage, but honestly its a tank and you can only get so much mileage. I have averaged 20.7 on a trip recently but around time I get anywhere from 15 to 16. I know this going in so I can only blame myself. I would also make the running boards automatic like the Platinum version. The step up (I have the 20 inch wheels) would be so much better if the auto step could come down to make the first step half way between the ground and the cabin.

Great truck
By Steven

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I did read all of the reviews. Some were good, some not so much. I bought my 2013 F-150 XLT Crew Cab Eco Boost 4x4 in October 2013. It is now late February 2015. The truck as been amazing. Power is incredible. Reliability is second to none. I have just shy of 25k on it, and it has been dealer maintained. The only drawbacks (my opinion) are 1. The driver seat - Wish it was more comfortable. 2. Steering wheel - Why not telescoping? Besides that, it is amazing. If I give it too much gas below 25 mph, tires burn out (early lesson learned). Fuel economy in pure city around 17mpg. Interstate long trips, 20/21mpg. Way more inside room (especially backseat leg room) than wife's

Power Fuel economy Cabin space

Steering wheel should be telescoping

Buy a Tundra or RAM
By andywx127

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I really like our Fusion and so I thought I give the F-150 a chance. I liked the way it drove and some of the options and decided to buy it. After my first two months of ownership, I've had one recall, a driveshaft vibration and the gas gauge is all over the place. The Ford's suspension absorbs bumps better than my old Tundra but the Ford tranny hunts more often than the bulletproof Tundra driveline and the 5.0L is no match for Toyota's 5.7L. It's these initial quality issues with Ford that drive buyers crazy. Ford's F-150 division still doesn't get the importance of initial quality. I'm forced to suck it up and keep this truck for a few years until I can buy another Tundra!

Suspension, options such as leather for the XLT.

Initial build quality!

'13 XLT SuperCrew, 5.6' Bed, 3.5L turbo Ecoboost, OUTSTANDING
By atwowheelguy

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

'13 XLT SuperCrew, 5.6' short bed, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.55 axle, tow package (not Max Tow), 2WD Purchased new 3/13. 40k miles in 19 months. 18.6 Total mpg so far, including over 10K miles towing a trailer. 24.4 mpg Hwy 17-19 mpg City 16 mpg Towing 6x14 enclosed trailer with GCVW of 9,800# (From GA to and through CO and back, twice, 9000 miles), 12.5 mpg Towing 27' RV toy hauler camper GCVW of 12,900# Power is outstanding while towing. Lots of torque at low rpms, nice and quiet and comfy. Only repair was resurfacing front brake rotors. NO intercooler problems. I am on a 5K mile oil change interval with the Motorcraft Semi-Syn.

Backup camera, tailgate step, Ecoboost engine, extra storage space on the transmission tunnel in front floor because there is no floor shifter on the XLT :-), whopping storage space in the back seat with the seats folded up, whopping leg room in the back seat with the seats folded down.

Maybe some stouter front brake rotors.

Ecoboost blues
By linkdevon

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Limited 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Worst. Truck. Ever! I'm on my SECOND, Ford bought back my first F150 because of issues with the engine "misfire" and "stumble" They can't fix these things! Mine has had numerous updates, reflashes, parts changed, and yet it still suffers from hesitations. I'm also having problems with Sync, the A/C, and recently a driveline vibration and pulling to the right. Top it off with poor fuel economy nowhere near what Ford advertises! The final straw was results from a oil analysis, Other Ecoboost owners are having very high fuel dilution in their oil, mine is no different. I doubt these engines will live much past 100,000 miles.

Great driving truck, the EB does have plenty of power. I like the interior and all the features.

Stick with the V8. Even then both F150's I had were plagued with numerous issues.