Used 2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Mileage
By solarspinniker

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After driving for a couple of months I really like this truck. Already get better gas mileage then the 08 explorer. Got the 20 inch wheels, chrome and trailer towing package. Cold weather does effect the mpg but am getting 24 mpg highway (USA) and hope to get the gov rated 27 mpg by the time I get to Texas. By losing the pounds of the eco charger and 4x4 I can get great city mileage even with my wife onboard! Only complaint I have is when my dog gets out on my side he turns the heat and fan to full because the knobs have such a good grip.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, placement of controls, storage compartments, ride.

Trailer tow package incomplete
By torque221

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I really like the truck overall

Favorite Features

comfort, load capacity

Suggested Improvements

Truck has the factory tow package, but lacks the trailer brake controller. I contacted the selling dealer that never got back to me. I contacted Ford and got the runaround. Make the selling dealer install at their cost prior to delivery. Power hook up for bed cap.

Very nice truck, 3.7 best suited for light-medium duty
By digitalekg

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my company vehicle which I will put 50k miles on per year. It's a comfortable place to be, I drive long distances, and the 3.7L V6 is powerful enough if you don't haul heavy stuff. I get 17-18 mpg overall, I know the EPA highway figure is 23, and I have never come close. The steering, brakes, and ride are quite good. It is a quiet cab which my sleeping baby boy likes. It has a commanding view and no real blind spots. Overall it is a very nice vehicle but if I were buying it for myself I would get the ecoboost V6. I would recommend this truck to a friend.

Favorite Features

The Sync system is nice and has some good connectivity even if it can be a bit clumsy some times. The bluetooth audio streaming and sync apps are great! The manual mode on the transmission is great, it will hold the gears as you wish, it will not override your selection. The trip computer is pretty slick, and pretty precise too. The seats are comfortable. The non turbo V6 may not be fast, but holy cow will it rev.. I've seen it shift at 6800 rpm!

Suggested Improvements

Why do I have to re-select my Bluetooth device every time I turn the car off for audio use? Sync is cool but there are definitely some bugs. Sometimes the system will freeze up and need to be turned off, annoying. The transmission sometimes seems a bit slushy but not overly so. Another USB outlet would be nice, as well as a 3rd power point. I have computers, GPS, phones, radar detector that all need to be hooked up.

Junk Wheels
By hoser150

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love the truck itself BUT check out the wheels on the one you buy before you buy. Mine has 18 inch what I thought was stainless. Turns out to be easily damaged steel with a plastic insert that looks like chrome but is junk plastic. Mine had big chunk out at 13000 miles from the car wash I think. Dealer told me to " buy new wheels, not their problem" Ford complaint line told me the same, not their problem. No more Fords for me. Also never ever got 22 MPG.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Put real steel or aluminum wheels or at least tell the customers the wheels are junk.