Used 2013 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

F-150 2013 EcoBoost Review at 5000 miles
By mrpgh

2013 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm at 5000 miles and at 4400 miles I took the new truck I purchased in October 2013 in to the Ford Dealership for rust issues. The inside (back side) of the chrome bumpers are showing corrosion, the air intake in the front bumper for the ecoboost models has an angled plate that is rusting and the factory painted (black) areas underneath are already showing rust. The dealer contacted Ford after taking photos and Ford responded it's normal wear and tear, no action taken on it. The running board is also starting to corrode where the driver mirrors drips down onto it due to the design. in heavy rain the turbo misfires and the service engine light blinks and all power was lost.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the power of the truck and it's towing capacity for hauling heavy loads. It's interior cab is nicely designed except for the inability to move/slide the center seat back as I can for each the driver and passenger seat.

Suggested Improvements

The cover at the center for the USB port isn't well designed as it comes out. I wish the rust issues were being addressed as my last F-150 was a 2001 and it rusted the first year I bought it at the bottom of the inside of the doors and bed welds. They painted over it for 3 years then said the remainder of the rust warranty only covers if it goes all the way through the metal. I would hope Ford cares more about their customers. I guess this is why they are going to an aluminum cab in the future?