2012 Ford F-150 5.0L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Fords Warranty is a bad

2012 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

2012 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

FX4 SuperCab (5.0L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Fords Warranty is a bad joke
By arveejay on

2012 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my new truck for 6 months and till a week ago I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has developed a crack in the grille surround that even the dealer has said looks like a stress crack. This happens when something is overtightened when it is built. The dealer took pictures of the crack and sent them to Detroit. Ford told the dealer to tell me it was normal for the hood to crack when the hood is closed and that they would not cover it under warranty. The truck is 6 months old, has less then 7000 miles on it and Ford will not replace a $300.00 grille on a $42,000 truck still under bumper to bumper warranty. What will Ford do if I drop a transmission while under warranty? Ignore me again?

Favorite Features

I really enjoyed the truck till I found out that Ford is just like the rest. They will tell you anything to sell it to you, then they forget your alive.

Suggested Improvements

Don't lie to prospective customers to get the sale. Don't offer a bumper to bumper warranty if your not going to stand behind it. Quit pulling the wool over our eyes to make a sale.