Dealer uncooperative
By socwkrman on
2012 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Generally I like the truck, smooth, quiet ride, gas milage good for a vehicle this size.Edmunds list does not have the 3.5 eco boost engine. Some folks have had problems with it. So far good power and smooth. My complaint is with the headlights and taillights fog up on the inside. The dealer says it is not a problem. On an adjoining lot I found several other ford trucks, not my year, had leaking lights. I may go to another dealer or contact ford directly. Big blind spot on the passenger side where the doors meet and the pass. head rest. XLT Nav system is primitive/ confusing, probably will replace it with a Kenwood Garmin.
Favorite Features
Good looking truck, flame blue with the chrome wheels really stands out, (canopy and front windows are now tinted to match rear windows). The backup alert system is very help full. I tried to get the dealer to get me the 20" wheels with the truck, they said no. Tried to replace the Nav. system thru ford before i bought the truck, they said no.To replace the Nav. system now with a touch screen through ford would cost $5000.00, no way.
Suggested Improvements
Be more flexible with buyers, be willing to swap things around between models. Need to look at big blind spot, not sure how to fix it. Have ford be willing to after one buys, add new things to older vehicles such as smart cruise control, big safety feature.