Cabins in the Woods Need F-150s
By coyotev8 on
2012 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)
I bought the truck in January and the winter traction is amazing. The driveway to my log cabin turns to a sheet of ice this time of year and this truck can handle it with almost no wheel spin. On the road, the 5.0L V8 is downright snappy compared to the 5.4L Triton V8 I had before. I'm averaging 22mpg running back and forth to town which beats the window sticker mileage estimate.
Favorite Features
Traction control. Heated seats. Backup camera.
Suggested Improvements
The windshield defroster seems weak or misdirected. I'm still trying to figure that one out. What, no courtesy light in the glove box or under the hood? Did somebody forget to install mine?
By quailhunter
on 02/22/12 07:33 AM (PST)

I test drove the f150 supercrew cab yesterday with the 5.0 motor and found it had lots of power. A lot more power than my 2002 f150 supercrew 5.4 motor. You say your getting 22mpg but I couldn't get near that on the test drive with average level road. I did get 18.5 average . Not too bad but thought it might have done better after reading your post. If I had gotten 20mpg I would have bought the truck. I really did like the way the truck handled though.

By aguywhowrite
on 08/11/12 09:57 AM (PDT)

The dashboard display on my 2012 F150 3.7L pretty consistently understates mileage by 1 mpg or more. You really have to hand measure. I don't have any problem hitting and sometimes exceeding EPA numbers. I have a fairly light foot, a basic configuration on the truck and I use high test gas. (but on the other hand, the truck is probably not fully broken in yet). I understand some of the Ecoboost people have trouble making their numbers. I suspect its a combination of a heavy foot and engines that are pretty slow to break in.