2012 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Fords Warranty is a bad joke
By arveejay on 10/10/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my new truck for 6 months and till a week ago I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has developed a crack in the grille surround that even the dealer has said looks like a stress crack. This happens when something is overtightened when it is built. The dealer took pictures of the crack and sent them to Detroit. Ford told the dealer to tell me it was normal for the hood to crack when the hood is closed and that they would not cover it under warranty. The truck is 6 months old, has less then 7000 miles on it and Ford will not replace a $300.00 grille on a $42,000 truck still under bumper to bumper warranty. What will Ford do if I drop a transmission while under warranty? Ignore me again?

Love my F-150
By dlance54 on 09/03/12 07:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned Chevys, Dodges and two F-150's. The F-150 tops them all. I am getting better than window sticker mileage out of the 5.0L engine which is surprising. I expected the mileage to be close, maybe less, but was pleasantly surprised. The seats in the XLT are cloth, but are very comfortable. All controls are within easy reach and the Sync Blue Tooth system is fantastic.

2012 3.5L EcoBoost F150 XLT 4x4
By cmayes72 on 06/15/12 21:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this truck after driving 2008 and 2010 F150's for the past four years. Both of the older trucks were great, however I never felt the 5.4 liter V8 had a lot of get up and go (had both the 3.73 and the 3.55 rear ends). The 5.4 pulled my boat, however you could feel the truck working on hills and passing on the highway. With the new EcoBoost the power is much more noticable and it tows the boat effortlessly. The ride and steering also feel much improved over the previous models. The exterior styling is well done, the truck has a very strong stance. The interior is spacious and comfortable with a nice wide armrest that folds up for an extra seat on the front bench.

Cabins in the Woods Need F-150s
By coyotev8 on 02/18/12 13:54 PM (PST)

2012 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the truck in January and the winter traction is amazing. The driveway to my log cabin turns to a sheet of ice this time of year and this truck can handle it with almost no wheel spin. On the road, the 5.0L V8 is downright snappy compared to the 5.4L Triton V8 I had before. I'm averaging 22mpg running back and forth to town which beats the window sticker mileage estimate.

Great, but the Competition is Much cheaper
By aguywhowrite on 02/15/12 21:44 PM (PST)

2012 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Cost $21,500 stripped. Now an additional $1,000 rebate. Quite a lot of car for the money. Ford has done an excellent job with this truck, but I argue that Ford has done a better job of causing the competition to cut prices, at least on the low end trucks. GM about $1,500 cheaper, with bed-liner, cruise control standard. Dodge maybe $1,000 cheaper with Hemi engine. Both have better warranties than Ford. Buying a car is bizarre these days. You have to look for the coupons that work. Are you with USAA? Are you a former GM owner? I'm not so I didn't buy GM. I happen to be a GM shareholder. Would that have counted? I forgot to ask.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$136 per month*