Used 2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

OK truck but beware of the 5.0 engine
By f150nottafan

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just my opinion from my experience, I have 29K miles on my 2012 F150 XLT 4X4 Super Crew 5.0 and so far am not impressed with the quality. Between the wind noise, rattles, engine ticking,and knocking along with oil consumption issues there is no way in the world I would do the F150 5.0 over again. Google 5.0 Coyote knocking or ticking. And check out any Ford truck and F150 forums online and look it up even the Mustang forums are lit up with concerns and complaints about the new 5.0's. I been wanting to get a F150 for a long time but now that Im here Im going back to a Tundra as soon as I can. Again this is just my personal opinion/experience.

Favorite Features

Looks/Style

Suggested Improvements

Fire the heads of 5.0 engineering dept. You had a chance to knock it out of the park with the new line of engines but failed again. With Fords engineering platform there is no excuse for the issues people are having. Knocking and loud ticking is not something to strive for when designing engines, and should never even exist with your present technology. Im new to Ford trucks and I can tell you I dont think Id ever buy another. The quality just doesnt seem to be there, especially in the drive train. Engine noises should be a priority.

2012 XLT Ecoboost
By spanky17

Almost have 8000 trouble free miles on it so far. Have used it to pull skid steer, building materials, and snowmobiles. The power this motor has is incredible, much better to drive then most V-8's pulls like a diesel. Interior is very comfortable. Mileage is 16-19 mixed driving. If you drive nice I'm sure it would easily get low 20's. Mine has 3:31 gears. Had a 06' hemi and a 05 5.3 chevy before and this pickup puts both of those to complete shame in every department.

Favorite Features

Twin Turbos and direct injection. LCD display for information is awesome. Leg room in the crew cab and room to fit three car seats across. Gear select helps with towing. Comfortable seats and probably the quietest vehicle I have ever driven. Really like how it drives, barely ever needs to kick down over hills or while pulling to maintain speed.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the few storage spots were a little bigger, was use to storing my hitches and tie downs under the rear seat, they make aftermarket things for that tho. Really need to get the trailer light plug in mounted up in the bumper, would look much cleaner and won't get beat up. Other then those few things the pickup is outstanding.