Used 2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Not so Eco Friendly Eco Boost
By Brand

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2012 F150 Lariat with 80K miles on it. It now has 90K miles on it and I'm getting rid of it and here's why.... Pro's: very comfortable ride, plenty of power when not having issues, lots of storage space and rear seat space, interior quality is nice. Cons': the ecoboost engine has been getting worse and worse gas mileage the more I drive it. I get about 12.5 mpg city and 18 hwy. As mentioned by several others, it has a serious lag problem when you go to accelerate past a vehicle. First time I had this happen I was traveling up a hill trying to pass a semi truck. The vehicle felt like it was going to shake apart and seems like the transmission is complete junk. Now I've been getting a horrible humming noise any time there's rain or snow at slow speeds and while slowing down. I've had 4 mechanics including ford look at it...I keep getting "we've never heard anything like this before." Ford has been useless in finding a solution to the issue. As nice as the truck looks and rides, it's not worth the engine/transmission issues it will give you. I'd look at at GMC in the same price range.

First Ford-- Last Ford
By JHerrmann

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Never owned a Ford , never will again, besides the ridiculous sticker price on this car, Ford is less than helpful given the handful of issues I have had since I purchased the 2012 in December of 2012. Since then, transmission needed to be REPLACED - 35 days at dealership, brakes were suppossedly done at dealership, only to find out they charged me but never touched the brakes, discovered 4 months later after purchasing the 2nd set of tires for the vehicle. Just spent another 38 days at dealer for stalling issue. Fuse box replaced - Satelite antenae needed to be replaced. Just got in car this am and now the heated seats and the mirror defroster doesnt work. I am so sick of this piece of crap - I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR BUY ANOTHER FORD AGAIN.

2012 F150 ECO BOOST ENGINE JUNK AT 84,000 MILES
By Gregory

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ford should have warranted there Eco boost engines at100,00 miles so I don't have to replace it at 84,000 miles with my own money.

OK truck but beware of the 5.0 engine
By f150nottafan

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just my opinion from my experience,
I have 29K miles on my 2012 F150 XLT 4X4 Super Crew 5.0 and so far am not impressed with the quality. Between the wind noise, rattles, engine ticking,and knocking along with oil consumption issues there is no way in the world I would do the F150 5.0 over again.
Google 5.0 Coyote knocking or ticking.
And check out any Ford truck and F150 forums online and look it up even the Mustang forums are lit up with concerns and complaints about the new 5.0's.
I been wanting to get a F150 for a long time but now that Im here Im going back to a Tundra as soon as I can.
Again this is just my personal opinion/experience.

Looks/Style

Fire the heads of 5.0 engineering dept. You had a chance to knock it out of the park with the new line of engines but failed again. With Fords engineering platform there is no excuse for the issues people are having. Knocking and loud ticking is not something to strive for when designing engines, and should never even exist with your present technology. Im new to Ford trucks and I can tell you I dont think Id ever buy another. The quality just doesnt seem to be there, especially in the drive train. Engine noises should be a priority.

Best of the best
By honda007gb

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is amazing in all ways you would need a truck. I have owned or driven just about all the different brands and let me tell you nothing beats this F-150. I have had 90,000 trouble free miles out of my ecoboost. Most people that complain about mpg's do not understand the point of this engine. It pulls like no other 1/2 ton on the road today. There are many compairson videos avalible. The hemi,chevy 6.2 are no match to the low end at a lower rpm. If driven right you can get above the mpg listed with an empty truck and not towing. No other crew cab has near the room this truck does. With the flat floor and the rear seats up, you have a very large space to haul inside the cab. Awesome

Sync/navigation. Being able to talk hands free is sweet. Tailgate step and bed extender have been very handy.

Buy american or there will not be an america. This is the only crew cab 1/2 ton still built in the USA.