2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
good work truck
By ltg48864 on 03/19/14 13:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

bought a 5.0 L V8 (no EcoBoost), basic work truck no extras, drove a chevy for 10 years and it took time to get used to Ford (drives like a truck), have had no problems and used 4x4 many times this winter with no problems, good towing capacity MySync is terrible (i have the base version) i would not buy the extras because it would quickly add cost with little extra enjoyment of the truck

DUPED BY ECO-BOOST MPG
By flaf150lar on 01/02/14 14:17 PM (PST)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I too was duped by the MPG that Ford so proudly advertised you'd get with the new Eco-Boost 3.5L engine. I have had mine a year. I have a friend who bought the 5.0 v8 F150 and his gas mileage is far better than mine. Makes me mad since I paid more $$ for this engine to get less MPG. I would not recommend this engine to anyone unless you were pulling something all the time. Someone mentioned lights leaking, mine are also leaking and the visor mirror is in need of repair as the lid won't stay closed. Wish I would've listened to some of the reviews I read when I was buying this truck. My advice is don't buy the chrome package either, it turns out its all plastic and hard to keep clean.

FX2 w/ Ecoboost
By chevy80c10 on 11/02/13 21:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Well i traded in my 04 z71 ext cab for this thing. At first i was extremely impressed with the power the ecoboost had, especially over chevy's 5.3. Over time though (its been a year) I honestly wished that i kept my silverado. The advertised gas mileage is a croc. I barely get 20 out of it on the highway with cruise on. TX speed limit on most of the highways i travel is 75, and i barely can get over 18 with it. If you are looking at one with a 5.0 go with that, at least you know youre getting near your advertised mileage. The low end torque is great for pulling but its not that much different over the 5.0 honestly. This truck had a hefty price tag and i wouldnt buy one again.

Don't get the echo boost
By donewithf150 on 08/25/13 16:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned every model half ton truck there is from ford to Toyota. I was excited to read the reviews and read all the info I could about the latest and greatest f150 with the Eco boost engine. Ordered one just the way I wanted it. Don't believe the hype. The engine is a dog. Yes it will pass everything out there, except a gas station. I know several owners of this hyped engine and no one gets anything close to the promised gas mileage. We all get about 14 to 15 combined average with 16 to 18 on the road. Love my 2013 new dodge 2500 and get 18.9 with it.

Persuasive Truck
By colby_butler on 07/26/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

No a truck fan, however this crew cab was full sized inside and out. Bed had lots of room for my load. interior seemed plush and comfortable. In 4h this truck would throw you into the seat. 2h was perfect for everything else. Seemed to get great gas mileage also.

Dealer uncooperative
By socwkrman on 01/23/13 17:06 PM (PST)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Generally I like the truck, smooth, quiet ride, gas milage good for a vehicle this size.Edmunds list does not have the 3.5 eco boost engine. Some folks have had problems with it. So far good power and smooth. My complaint is with the headlights and taillights fog up on the inside. The dealer says it is not a problem. On an adjoining lot I found several other ford trucks, not my year, had leaking lights. I may go to another dealer or contact ford directly. Big blind spot on the passenger side where the doors meet and the pass. head rest. XLT Nav system is primitive/ confusing, probably will replace it with a Kenwood Garmin.

2012 XLT Ecoboost
By spanky17 on 11/23/12 04:44 AM (PST)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Almost have 8000 trouble free miles on it so far. Have used it to pull skid steer, building materials, and snowmobiles. The power this motor has is incredible, much better to drive then most V-8's pulls like a diesel. Interior is very comfortable. Mileage is 16-19 mixed driving. If you drive nice I'm sure it would easily get low 20's. Mine has 3:31 gears. Had a 06' hemi and a 05 5.3 chevy before and this pickup puts both of those to complete shame in every department.

Great Truck, Bad MPG
By trophyf1 on 11/15/12 15:55 PM (PST)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2012 F150 XLT S-Crew 2x4 with the 3.7 V6 in February and already got rid of it. First off, I love F150's and FORD. Great value, look great, have nice build quality, etc. They have proven reliable in the past as all I have owned is FORD's. This 2012 with the 3.7 dropped the ball big time on MPG. I drive like a grampa and the EPA estimates are way off. I was able to get 22mpg highway with cruise control at 65 for the whole tank on a long trip once. Around town MPG dropped to 13.5 which is unacceptable. The 3.7 is fast though... faster than my old 5.4 v8. Traded the truck for a 4 cyl Tacoma that actually gets EPA estimates.

ecotec 1 bg problem
By raives72 on 10/17/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

I have a new 2012 platmun ecotec. Beautiful truck , DANGEROUS motor loses power with no warning , terible gas mileage, several complaints on same problem , my dealer states they have never heard of these problems , Mine is not only one having these problems , google ecotec it will shock u . my truck has a grand total 3600 miles, and i have almost been killed in it twice trying to pass, truck just lost power had another car passing behind me i could not even drop back and had to take left shoulder to avoid collision !!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE almost forgot when talking on blue tooyh with gps in use have to go to hand unit to talk do to eccoing very bad to person talking!!!

2012 3.5L EcoBoost F150 XLT 4x4
By cmayes72 on 06/15/12 21:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this truck after driving 2008 and 2010 F150's for the past four years. Both of the older trucks were great, however I never felt the 5.4 liter V8 had a lot of get up and go (had both the 3.73 and the 3.55 rear ends). The 5.4 pulled my boat, however you could feel the truck working on hills and passing on the highway. With the new EcoBoost the power is much more noticable and it tows the boat effortlessly. The ride and steering also feel much improved over the previous models. The exterior styling is well done, the truck has a very strong stance. The interior is spacious and comfortable with a nice wide armrest that folds up for an extra seat on the front bench.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford F-150 Supercrew in VA is:

$139 per month*