2012 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Sort Reviews by

2012 f150 xlt supercab
By cowbells

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

had truck around 6 mo. 2,000 miles on it. Dont drive it because it only gets 16 mpg highway at 75 mph. around 11 mpg in town. Bought it because of the great gas millage they advertise for the 3.5 ecoboost thought i would drive it more than my 2010 f150 supercab with the 5.4. but my 5.4 got 21 mpg compared to the 16 i get with this great new motor. Had it back to dealer, nothing wrong with it. This truck is also 2 wheel drive the 5.4 was 4 wheel drive. pull a 9,000 lb. fifth wheel with it. the 3.5 gets 8 pulling the 5.4 got 12, same trailer,same roads its really a really nice truck, but i wish i had my old truck back because of the mpg

Favorite Features

3.5 ecoboost fast, responsive, drives nice rides nice

Suggested Improvements

hate the truck because of the gas millage, wasn'twhat i expected

Fords Warranty is a bad joke
By arveejay

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my new truck for 6 months and till a week ago I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has developed a crack in the grille surround that even the dealer has said looks like a stress crack. This happens when something is overtightened when it is built. The dealer took pictures of the crack and sent them to Detroit. Ford told the dealer to tell me it was normal for the hood to crack when the hood is closed and that they would not cover it under warranty. The truck is 6 months old, has less then 7000 miles on it and Ford will not replace a $300.00 grille on a $42,000 truck still under bumper to bumper warranty. What will Ford do if I drop a transmission while under warranty? Ignore me again?

Favorite Features

I really enjoyed the truck till I found out that Ford is just like the rest. They will tell you anything to sell it to you, then they forget your alive.

Suggested Improvements

Don't lie to prospective customers to get the sale. Don't offer a bumper to bumper warranty if your not going to stand behind it. Quit pulling the wool over our eyes to make a sale.

Love my F-150
By dlance54

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned Chevys, Dodges and two F-150's. The F-150 tops them all. I am getting better than window sticker mileage out of the 5.0L engine which is surprising. I expected the mileage to be close, maybe less, but was pleasantly surprised. The seats in the XLT are cloth, but are very comfortable. All controls are within easy reach and the Sync Blue Tooth system is fantastic.

Favorite Features

The sound of the 5.0L when you want it to growl. The Sync Blue Tooth system.

Cabins in the Woods Need F-150s
By coyotev8

I bought the truck in January and the winter traction is amazing. The driveway to my log cabin turns to a sheet of ice this time of year and this truck can handle it with almost no wheel spin. On the road, the 5.0L V8 is downright snappy compared to the 5.4L Triton V8 I had before. I'm averaging 22mpg running back and forth to town which beats the window sticker mileage estimate.

Favorite Features

Traction control. Heated seats. Backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

The windshield defroster seems weak or misdirected. I'm still trying to figure that one out. What, no courtesy light in the glove box or under the hood? Did somebody forget to install mine?